Thread: My car smells like fish

User Info Menu

Default My car smells like fish

I put some fisholine on my car today looking for rush. I have two serious rust bits. enough surface rust to cover one side of a bank note. So im stoked at how good thats ghoing for me :>

But now it smells like the fisheries. badly. Even my hands get covered in it a little when i touch the wrong spots.

Just thought i would share
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Bummer, dude! But I'll bet the smell with be better in a few days. And if the rust is gone . . . it's all good.

User Info Menu

Yeah. There too expencive to leave to rust.... Hence the protection. I need to get some of those little smelly trees to help with the smell.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

roflol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    i had a similar experience one time. it...
    LOL!!!
    Last edited by drummer; 06-05-2007 at 09:56 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    i had a similar experience one time...
    I salute you that was simply hilarious
    Last edited by drummer; 06-05-2007 at 09:56 PM.

User Info Menu

gone fishin'
    that's all i'm gonna say........well that and don't let any birds or cats near the car.
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

This reminds me of a college prank that happend to my friend. His buddies stuck a bunch of fish in his hubcaps, these cats were coming around his car and it got stinkier and stinkier, it took him a while to finally find out what the problem was...by then everything was totally rotten and nasty. I wish I could have seen his face.

User Info Menu

thats harsh.

User Info Menu

Cool My car smells like fish

First, Stevo, I don't know if it's available in OZ, but Procter and Gamble makes a product called Febreze which is effective in removing fish, cigar, dog, and other funky smells from the inside of the car...now about the cats following your car, that's another story!

The only thing worse than the story drummina told is the story of the wife who discovered her husband was cheating with his secretary...and got in some major revenge before she moved out. She had a lavish, elegant "last meal" in her home with other members of the ex-wives club, complete with shrimp scampi...lots of shrimp scampi...lots and lots of shrimp scampi in the shells...

which her girlfriends and she stuffed into the decorative curtain rods that graced her sumptuous home...in the living room, in the dining room, in the family room...and of course in the bedroom...

Well, the ex- and his new trophy wife moved in...and after a while, old shrimp shells began to do what old shrimp shells do... The smell got stronger...and stronger...and stronger...and no amount of carpet freshener, air freshener, or any other cleaner or deodorizer could eliminate. They tried everything, and reluctantly moved out...

but they didn't notice the movers carefully packing the funky, shrimp-filled fishing rods to take to their new home!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    First, Stevo, I don't know if it's available in OZ, but Procter and Gamble makes a product called Febreze which is effective in removing fish, cigar, dog, and other funky smells from the inside of the car...now about the cats following your car, that's another story!

The only thing worse than the story drummina told is the story of the wife who discovered her husband was cheating with his secretary...and got in some major revenge before she moved out. She had a lavish, elegant "last meal" in her home with other members of the ex-wives club, complete with shrimp scampi...lots of shrimp scampi...lots and lots of shrimp scampi in the shells...

which her girlfriends and she stuffed into the decorative curtain rods that graced her sumptuous home...in the living room, in the dining room, in the family room...and of course in the bedroom...

Well, the ex- and his new trophy wife moved in...and after a while, old shrimp shells began to do what old shrimp shells do... The smell got stronger...and stronger...and stronger...and no amount of carpet freshener, air freshener, or any other cleaner or deodorizer could eliminate. They tried everything, and reluctantly moved out...

but they didn't notice the movers carefully packing the funky, shrimp-filled fishing rods to take to their new home!

Dude, that's cold!

Whe I was in college, my best friend's sister got married. We decided to give them a "big" send off. We put a chunk of blue cheese on the exhaust manifold of the car, and a chunk under the passenger's seat (so that they could find it when they started smelling blue cheese). Sure enough, they smelled the blue cheese and found the one under the passenger's seat. It was too late by the time they realized there must be another one. Took them quite a while to get rid of the smell. Good thing we couldn't find any limberger cheese!

User Info Menu

Stevo, does your car still smell of fish?

User Info Menu

Default Re: My car smells like fish

Quote Originally Posted by Drummina View Post
    This reminds me of a college prank that happend to my friend. His buddies stuck a bunch of fish in his hubcaps, these cats were coming around his car and it got stinkier and stinkier, it took him a while to finally find out what the problem was...by then everything was totally rotten and nasty. I wish I could have seen his face.
    I wonder if he ran over any cats when he backed up...
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Oh boy, a car that smells of Anchovies. Who needs air freshners ?
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    www.myspace.com/video/rid/110115140
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"
    Mapex Black Panther Sledgehammer 14"x6.5

Sabian AAX Cymbals

In Support of Leighs Record attempt
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ironfist View Post
    Oh boy, a car that smells of Anchovies. Who needs air freshners ?
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos