Hi, I was going to put this in the Drumkit section but I had a bit of trouble with it - something about an invalid thread specified - so I'll put it here instead.
For the past year I've had a cheap budget kit (£170). It was fine to learn the basics and everything on but now I feel I want something with a bit more 'oomph'. The skins on my kit have worn out, the cymbals...aren't cymbals ( ) and my bass drum pedal squeaks like a mouse or something
So a few days ago I got my parents to drive me and my brother up to a big music shop in Doncaster. We let my brother go look at all the pretty guitars whilst we asked the shop keeper about drums around the Export level. He reccomended a Mapex M Birch Pro (I think). He gave us a quick demenstration of the hardware and tapped the bass drum (which sounded like a cannon ) and I have to say I feel like I'm sold on it.
The basic kit is £550. There's an awesome finish for an extra £50 (I really like it, it's a blue burst style finish). Plus, each kit has a free 10" tom that comes with it! So a six piece kit for £600. They were also doing a deal on cymbals - I think it was a ZBT 4 pack, only £100 with a new kit, good savings. And what's more, the assistant said they might buy my old kit to sell to some of the people who go there and have lessons - and he said he might do it for £100!
Effectively, that's £600 for a kit with quite a bit of freebies. But before I decide whether or not I should fully go for it, I just want to hear you friendly folks advice on this kit. Do you have any experience with it? Do you think this is a good deal?
Thanks! E.T.F