Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: MuckRaker

User Info Menu

Default Re: MuckRaker

I found out about this tonight and thought it was pretty cool. There were a lot of hi notes for us in 2014 and we hope to keep it going in 2015 and even crank it up another notch past 11!. Thank you to everyone! You all made 2014 a big success for Muckraker

http://thatmetalstation.com/scotts-f...um-picks-2014/
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Very, very cool. Congrats!! Here's to a great 2015 for you and your band.

User Info Menu

thank you ITPP
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Exclamation Re: MuckRaker

Hello this announcement comes with surprise even to me but as of last night MUCKRAKER has disbanded. Due to unforeseen complications that cannot be avoided we can no longer go on. It was a good run from the summer of 2011 to 2015. We produced two full length CD's that we are all very proud of.

I'd like to thank everyone that has stopped by the MUCKRAKER thread and all the kind words along the way. It fueled the fire and has not been taken for granted by any of us.

We Thank You one and all.
    Last edited by slinky; 01-14-2015 at 12:56 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

It happens. That's too bad. Suicide watch for Ray commences now.

User Info Menu

That sucks brother.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Hey everybody, the previous post I made was made on what I was hearing from the other guys. We had a band meeting and we're not disbanding . We are however taking a break from the band for a little while. Sorry for the misleading information. We have been going over three years straight without a break, two cd's and a lot of shows so I think were all welcoming the time away.

People might be tired of seeing the Muckraker thread but I just like to keep all things related to the band here instead of filling up the board with unnecessary threads.

Thanks
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

MUCKRAKER's is what keeps me checking in. I talked to myself to much in DC to stick around. Found out too that talking less about drums and playing them has really been paying off.

I thought I was following you guys through Facebook Batz but I guess not this is the first I've heard about it.

Been vaping! And it has really turned into a hobby like they all say it would. I laughed never meaning to get that deep but I did. Anyone who still smokes should really check into it. Vaping is saving lifes by the handfuls daily.

Take care bro and still plan on making a bike run to a show this summer or next when you guys land a good one. A big biker rally would be the sh!t! Take your break and get back out there bro as soon as you can! We only live once!

User Info Menu

What's up Ray, I hear ya man I feel like I talk to myself here sometimes. There hasn't been much to post at all the media outlets, I think the last thing was from Iron Waves internet radio. They're playing a couple of the songs. They're dedicated to metal/hard rock. Stuff that will probably never get heard any where else. Fun to listen, no commercials.

Thanks for hitting up the vapers. I might try that vaping myself, sounds kinda cool lol.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Later Bro!
    Last edited by Ray on the Drums; 03-16-2015 at 12:15 PM.

User Info Menu

Got a bit of Muckraker news last night from Will the bass player/vocalist. He's been contacted by a record label from Germany. Apparently this label really likes the cd and wants to sign Muckraker to a deal for European and UK distribution.

This is fresh news from late last night so that's all I know right now. Pretty nice if it's for real. Waiting for more details. I did get my passport renewed last year though
    Last edited by slinky; 09-20-2015 at 10:29 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Ray! good to hear from you! found out a little more about it. They like the songs and want an agreement to press a 1000 more copies of the disc and put it out in the european market. Both physical copies and internet downloads. Good to see you're still here
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Got a bit of Muckraker news last night from Will the bass player/vocalist. He's been contacted by a record label from Germany. Apparently this label really likes the cd and wants to sign Muckraker to a deal for European and UK distribution.

This is fresh news from late last night so that's all I know right now. Pretty nice if it's for real. Waiting for more details. I did get my passport renewed last year though
    Holy smokes!! That's great!!!! Good luck and I hope it all pans out!

User Info Menu

What about Red Dirt Mountain?

all the best...

User Info Menu

Make sure ya'll aren't getting taken advantage of too! I turned down more than 1 "record deal" for my band b/c there was ZERO benefit to THE BAND. We were better off doing it on our own.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Holy smokes!! That's great!!!! Good luck and I hope it all pans out!
    thanks Rich, we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    What about Red Dirt Mountain?

all the best...
    RDM is going good. Were practicing tonight for some upcoming stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Make sure ya'll aren't getting taken advantage of too! I turned down more than 1 "record deal" for my band b/c there was ZERO benefit to THE BAND. We were better off doing it on our own.
    Thanks Marko, stuff like this would've been more exciting if I was still 25 but my priorities are a lot different these days. I'm happy just playing for fun. Playing out locally and recording when the opportunity comes along. I'm in a great place with my day job and nothing that I can control is going to disrupt that.
    Last edited by slinky; 09-24-2015 at 11:04 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Here's a little blast from the not so long ago past. From the first Muckraker disc "Big Black Bus"

Haymarket Square
    https://muckraker1.bandcamp.com/track/haymarket-square
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Here's a little blast from the not so long ago past. From the first Muckraker disc "Big Black Bus"

Haymarket Square
    I enjoyed it very much slinky. You're drumming is spot on brother and the band sounds great! You guys still together?

User Info Menu

Hi Rich thank you for the kind words. We're not together anymore. Will has since.renamed the group and has found some new players. Listened to a little of some new stuff he's been writing and it sounds pretty good. I get the metal itch once in awhile but having fun with RDM. How's your new project going?
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Hi Rich thank you for the kind words. We're not together anymore. Will has since.renamed the group and has found some new players. Listened to a little of some new stuff he's been writing and it sounds pretty good. I get the metal itch once in awhile but having fun with RDM. How's your new project going?
    Rough, very rough. Vinny Appice laid down some pretty tricky fills which I'm trying to learn just so I can reach out of my comfort zone. The other guys have only played to Vinny's drum track through file sharing with ProTools so they haven't played these songs more than once while tracking to Vinny's drumming so we're learning this stuff together. I'm giving the drumming some "feel". The drums were manipulated on a time line grid and it's tight. Each fill was cut and pasted into the time line so there's no wiggle room so Vinny's drumming is perfectly lined up to the guitar and bass tracks. It sounds very mechanical, too perfect I my humble opinion.

User Info Menu

that's so cool to be following Vinny's tracks, would like to hear what you do with them one of these days. The bass player in RDM (Slim) did the same thing with a guy who lives in South America. He was here touring a bit with his rockabilly material. Slim played his upright bass with his band at one of the shows he did here. When he got back home to S. America he emailed some music and had Slim put some bass to it. Crazy where technology is going.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Haymarket Square
    Nice

User Info Menu

Great songs man. Would love to check y'all out live.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"