Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MuckRaker

User Info Menu

Default MuckRaker

MuckRaker blue collar metal

other bands I played in Nightwolf, Tricky ****, Phyco The Clown, Reign Of Sound, Juli Swan & Exis.
    Last edited by slinky; 06-10-2013 at 08:38 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: MuckRaker

the MuckRaker reverbnation website will be updated soon

http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/muckrakermetal

Facebook updates and new recordings coming soon

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MuckRaker/234657352397
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Southern metal? You're speaking my language! YEAH!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

MuckRaker??? Cool! What will you title the first cd?? "A Scoop of Poop"? I mean that in fun. I used to own horses and know quite a bit about horse poop!

User Info Menu

lol thanks dudes. Yeah the bassist did an opener for Clutch in his previous band. The four songs on reverb were with the old drummer. Once we get to recording and I put my stamp on them we'll replace those. The cool thing is the new songs were putting together. total adrenaline rush!

Stay Tuned!
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Southern metal? You're speaking my language! YEAH!
    Marko i watched one of your vids and there was a part where you were riding what sounded like a china and you did a stick flip! awsome!
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bassist learning drums View Post
    MuckRaker??? Cool! What will you title the first cd?? "A Scoop of Poop"? I mean that in fun. I used to own horses and know quite a bit about horse poop!
    BLD! Im not sure what title will be but maybe I'll present that one lol
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Marko i watched one of your vids and there was a part where you were riding what sounded like a china and you did a stick flip! awsome!
    Thanks brother! I ride the china A LOT! That and the crash.

User Info Menu

Cool, I'll check you guys out on Reverbnation. I like my Southern Metal
    Soul Wanderer
    Skald
    Vǫlva

User Info Menu

Mrs Smith thank you. greetings from the U.S. would really like to visit your part of the world someday
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Hey slinky.....just checked out the tunes on Reverb. Wow!!! I'm hooked man! My favorite tune? It has to be "Big Box". Great bass intro!!! My second favorite? "Haymarket Square"......actually man I like it all but I was really stoked to hear the quality of the entire set of tunes man!

Keep 'em coming! I would def. come see you guys if you ever made it out West! Great band!

User Info Menu

Mrs Smith thank you. greetings from the U.S. would really like to visit your part of the world someday
    And I likez my southern metal too

You'll love Cape Town - all the sprawling beaches, sexy chicks, cool musicians, more sexy chicks, some cool metal clubs (seriously, less than 5 clubs but I can get you into the best place) and awesome mountains!!!!!

They call us the lazy city.... Do you blame us? All those beaches and surfing, man! Johannesburg is just jealous, they have no beaches!!!! Hahahahaha suckers!
    Soul Wanderer
    Skald
    Vǫlva

User Info Menu

Hey Late8, thanks for the kind words. They are a lot of fun to play. It's funny you mentioned Big Box as a favorite because at first that was my least favorite but after playing it for awhile now I've gotten a feel for the groove and able to throw a few odds and ends in here and there and now it's one of my favorites to play. Funny how that works out.

Btw we got kind of a Cali connection. I grew up in Sacramento. I remember going to a game my high school played against Lodi High at Lodi for a football game. Been up and down 99 a lot. Moved here for my job in 2000. I miss California. Nick
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Band update: MuckRaker will be in the studio beginning January Friday the 13th 2012! 13 blue collar metal originals will grace the planet Earth.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Band update: MuckRaker will be in the studio beginning January Friday the 13th 2012! 13 blue collar metal originals will grace the planet Earth.
    Nice!

User Info Menu

drum tracks are done! so I hope . We spent the last two days getting 13 songs nailed down. I have a long list of concerns when mixing starts but from what I heard on the dry playback I am very pleased!. My kick sounds pretty bad a**! at least to me .
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Well the cd will hopefully be finished by April 1st. Still gotta do mixing and mastering. Also get the artwork and inside print ironed out. Were doing digipacks so it should be pretty cool.

In the meantime we will be playing this Sunday night in Atlanta at Smith's Olde Bar. 9pm start.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Well the cd will hopefully be finished by April 1st. Still gotta do mixing and mastering. Also get the artwork and inside print ironed out. Were doing digipacks so it should be pretty cool.

In the meantime we will be playing this Sunday night in Atlanta at Smith's Olde Bar. 9pm start.
    Nice! Have a good show. We have 3 shows next week.

User Info Menu

Enjoy your gig- i'm sure you guys will do great. Knock em dead!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

thanks guys for the well wishes. Overall it was a good show. I have a tendacie to just think about the mistakes and not the good stuff. I dropped one stiick that was so noticable just wanted to hide under a rock somewhere and jumped parts in one song . The room was small. I knew that before going in but didn't know that I wouldn't be able to hear the guitar!! his cabinet was even pointed in my direction a little.

The room had a small p.a. and I had no monitor almost like playing blindfolded when you can't hear everything. Well hopefully we'll get some more shows out of this. I think we need a bigger stage and more proficient pa because we are pretty loud.

You all have great shows too!
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

thanks guys for the well wishes. Overall it was a good show. I have a tendacie to just think about the mistakes and not the good stuff. I dropped one stiick that was so noticable just wanted to hide under a rock somewhere and jumped parts in one song . The room was small. I knew that before going in but didn't know that I wouldn't be able to hear the guitar!! his cabinet was even pointed in my direction a little.

The room had a small p.a. and I had no monitor almost like playing blindfolded when you can't hear everything. Well hopefully we'll get some more shows out of this. I think we need a bigger stage and more proficient pa because we are pretty loud.

You all have great shows too!
    We play a lot of shows with no mics on the drums and no monitors. It's tough.

User Info Menu

Last edited by slinky; 03-05-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Just an update from the MuckRaker camp. Mastering is completed and back in our hands. The artwork and everything else has been finished awhile ago. It will soon be all put together. It sounds pretty good to my broken ear but you can be the judge yourself. For only $19.95 you can order......

Just joking. Were getting a batch of 500 which will last awhile. If they are sold they won't be exspensive and they will be on ITunes

MuckRaker "Big Black Bus"

Also one of our songs will be on regular rotation of Sam Seder's
    Majority Report satellite radio show.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Well we had to re-master the master oh well. This time we have someone who's a little more involved. Rodney Mills. He's worked the controls for songs like Sweet Home Alabama and Freebird among others. Pretty cool.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN