Thread: I need mor attack?

User Info Menu

Question I need mor attack?

Hi Im new. I just graduated and I have some money to get some upgrades, I bought a new double bass pedal. A yamaha Flying Dragon. So now Im looking for a cymbal upgrade. As of right now Im playing 14in Sabian B8 crash, 16in Sabian B8 crash, 14in Sabian AA hats, 6in Sabian Splash, and 20in Zyldian Ride. I like al the cymbals except my crashes. They dont have the attack I need for punk. I need something with more prescence in the price range of about 150-225 bucks. My bands going to the studio in 2 weeks to do and EP, so if ya have an Idea then Id really appreciate it.
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Hmm, trying looking into the Sabian AAXplosion crashes, they basically light up when you breathe on them, the sound file on their site sounds diffrent from the actual cymbal though, so, dont trust that, go try it out yourself, i think youd be in love with it

User Info Menu

PEACEdrummer, little question, how are those AA hats? im looking to buy some new hi hats.. are they worth it?

User Info Menu

Zildjian A Custom Fast or Projection Crash. Test them out, you won't be disappointed. Although they may be a little out of your price range.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Yea, the 18 in A custom projection crash, that thing is a kick in the face right there

User Info Menu

Thanks I'll look into them.

The AA hats are the best Ive heard, and Im not just sayin it cause I have them. They have a light but crisp sound. I love them and Highly reccomend them.

User Info Menu

Look into the Paiste RUDE'S theyre fairly inexpensive..they look amazing with the hammered dark finish...and theyre probly one of the loudest cymbals out there, made for punk and metal and stuff. JJ uses em.