Thread: cymbals

User Info Menu

Default cymbals

Are the B8 and AA and AAX all belong to Sbain, or does Zildjian do the same thing?

User Info Menu

Lafirin, the B8, AA, and AAX are all Sabien cymbals. The B8 it a cheaper, entry level cymbal. Zildjian also offers different grade cymbals, with the ZBT being their entry level cymbals. They also offer ZHT's, and ZXT's, before you get into their better cymbals. I won't try to compare the Zildjian ZBT, ZHT, or ZXT with the Sabien B8, only because then we open up a whole debate about whether Sabiens, or Zildjians, or even Wuhans are the best cymbals.

As I recall another post (I think it was yours), you are trying to stay away from the entry level and purchase cymbals that you can be happy with for quite a while, so this should help you, at the very least.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

yes those are all sabian. the b8, b8-pro and xs20 are stamped sheet metal beginner cymbals. the others are cast pro models.
    the aa and aax are similar to the different avedis models. the hand hammerd are more like the k custom models. the sabian vault series is their answer to the a custom. the paragons are a mix between the aa, aax and hh. they have aa lathing on top and aax lathing on bottom(or visa versa i cant remember) and an unlathed hand hammerd bell.
    Last edited by funkymcstain; 06-06-2007 at 02:58 PM.

User Info Menu

watch your step there funky, xs20 is fully cast b20, although its not given half the love the higherlines are when it comes to hammering and stuff, theri still better than the B8's and B8 Pro's

User Info Menu

ok so the Adevis are like the higher end of Saibian stuff like AA and AAX, which ones would you recomend me getting? Zildjain or Sabian.. but this might end up in a debate =S and do they have any warrenties on these two types of Cymbals?

User Info Menu

Yea, they both have 1 year warrentys,

Dont be limited to just one company bud, explore every company

The best thing you can do is go to your local music store that holds a lot of cymbals (guitar centers cymbal room is my place) and just smack around on the cymbals until you find one you like

But to awnser your question, the higher lined stuff

For zildjian - Avedis, A Custom, K zildjian, K custom
    Sabian - AA, AAX, HHX, Hand Hammered (HH), Vault, and their signature series like the paragons

User Info Menu

Don't forget the Zildjian Z Customs as well, Ch33zz.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz
    watch your step there funky, xs20 is fully cast b20, although its not given half the love the higherlines are when it comes to hammering and stuff, theri still better than the B8's and B8 Pro's
    my bad, i assumed that from having the 18" china and 10" splash. the splash is poo, but i accually like the china. it is very thin and sounds soft and crashy for a china. but still seems like a cheaply made cymbal.