Thread: LP Stealth Jam Block

User Info Menu

Default LP Stealth Jam Block

Just picked one of these babies up today..and im really excited! It sounds fantastic..and i think its a limited edition or something..but it was 30 bucks and came with the jam block and mounting bracket..a great deal i'd say! Does anyone else have a jam block..and if so what do they think of it. Also im thinking about adding a LP Black beauty cowbell as well.

User Info Menu

Hey MI, I'm really just getting started, so I'm just happy to be getting the drums. The cowbell, I get. I saw it played on a vid. Tell me a bit about the jam block, though, I had thought that pretty much it would be for Latin style music. Right, or wrong?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

yea it is for latin..but it can be integrated into rock..and funk and stuff..its good to learn other styles anyways..i really like it..and its a good value as well

User Info Menu

Thanks. Appreciate the info. As I grow in my drumming, I'll keep it in mind. I do want to learn various styles.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

i have the red and blue jam blocks. i also have a black beauty and a ridge rider cowbells.

User Info Menu

Nice cowbell Funky! I have the same one. I love the deeper tone that thing has without being too "clangy".

I also have the small purple and orange 2 block set and the large red block. The set is fairly high pitched, so I don't use it alot. The red block is very loud and projecting. It can cut through anything!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    The red block is very loud and projecting. It can cut through anything!
    Including your ears

I have the Blue and Green blocks- Niiiiiiiiice !
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

yea..i liked the black beauty cowbell because it was a very focused sound..i tried out the ridge rider rock cowbell..but it was too ringy and took a second or two to fizzle out..which isnt a sound i want. I dont know if the stealth is the same as the red and blue blocks as far as pitch..maybe its the blue..or in between