View Poll Results: Which one is a beter buy?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sabian AAX Stage Performance Set Cymbal Pack

1 20.00%
  • Zildjian Avedis 4 Pack Matched Set

4 80.00%

Thread: Zildjian Avedis/Sabian AAX

User Info Menu

Default Zildjian Avedis/Sabian AAX

Which one is the better buy?, and can you explain why you think so (if you can).

heres the links two the 2 cymbal packs:
    >>
    Sabian AAX Stage Performance Set Cymbal Pack
    https://www.activemusician.com/item--MC.25005X

Zildjian Avedis 4 Pack Matched Set
    http://www.music123.com/Zildjian-Ave...-i243533.music

User Info Menu

this thread eveyone! use this one!

User Info Menu

i say the avedis are the better buy, however they are VERY comparable in sound and quallity. the avedis will be a more classic sound while the aax stage crashes i imagine might give a little more modern sound with brighter tone and a little quicker sound response.

User Info Menu

what about the Hi hat? will it be easy to crack break or bend it? because the hat i have, ive had it for a year and it doesnt even have a "chick" sound anymore because the sides are all bent. Although.. it has no name brand on it, and i bought it brand new.. so its a very crappy hi-hat... in my opinion.

User Info Menu

it should not bend unless you are a total caveman. newbeat hats are possibly be the most popular and most recorded hats of all time.

User Info Menu

You had the same problem as me, you just got pieces of probably aluminum, cut in a disc, with a hole in it for stock cymbals, just toss those, those arnt even brass, you have nothing to worry about with avedis line, i know a person who plays everday and has the same cymbals since 1963, avedis zildjian, their still in great shape

User Info Menu

cool, thanks for the input, im lookin at these cymbals in betters whys everyday

User Info Menu

I looked on the different websites of Sabian and Zildjain.. and I dont know if the audio is correct, because i herre from different people that it sounds different in real life. but anyways, the AAX sound quite a bit brighter then Avedis, but i could be wrong. I hope I wont be making a mistkae by buying the Avedis.

User Info Menu

not a mistake.