Thread: Kudos to Guitar Center

User Info Menu

Default Kudos to Guitar Center

I was tuning up my LP bongos when one of the lugs decide it was time to snap in half. I called around and found one at a drum shop 25 miles away, but at $4 /gal for gas, who wants to do that. I started looking on line and found them at Guitar Center for about $7 each plus shipping. I placed my order for 1 and after looking in the shopping cart I saw that they came up as a store clearance item for 1 cent a piece! Hey, I'm not stupid, so I ordered 4 of them. Then it said that they were shipping out of Kalamazoo (2 hours away) so I called immediately after finishing the order just to make sure they really had them. I got the drum manager on the phone and he said "yes, they are right here in front of me and my GM is grabbing them to ship in an order"! That was less than 10 minutes after I placed my order! Great deal, great service! Now I have 3 spares! Geez, I hope that was MY order... hmmm...
    Last edited by busyflyin; 07-13-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: add photo
    LP Performer Quinto, Conga, Tumba & Remo Nuskyn Heads
    Remo 14" djembe
    Zildjian 14" ZHT High Hats
    Sabian 13"AA El Sabor Salsa Splash
    Cajon
    LP Performer Series Bongos
    TreeWorks chimes

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Kudos to Guitar Center

I won't tell if you don't! (too bad we don't have a smiley of a conga rimshot!)

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck