Thread: Drum skins..

User Info Menu

Default Drum skins..

I have the original drum heads on all my drums. They sound horrable. what kind of heads would you suggest me to buy? whats the cost?

User Info Menu

Remos are nice. Ive also heard amazing things about Evans G2 heads thats what im getting when i decide to re-head my drums.

User Info Menu

again, this has all to do with the sound you want and what kind of drums you use. for you i would suggest clear remo emporors or evans g2.

User Info Menu

Aquarian Performance 2 heads for toms..and Superkick II for bass..ull be happy beyond belief

User Info Menu

Aquarian
    Remo
    Evans
    Attack

You really can't go wrong with any of them. If you haven't messed around with all different heads, then do it, replace them all with one brand and type and see if you like it. If you don't, replace them with a different brand when you replace them again.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice
    Aquarian Performance 2 heads for toms..and Superkick II for bass..ull be happy beyond belief

I agree if that's the sound he's looking for. I have those heads, but with the SK1. (just got the SK1 today!!!!!!!!!!!)
    When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.

User Info Menu

so how much would.. say for instance, evans G2 drum heads cost for a 5 peice kit? and where would be a good place to look for them be?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

dude..if you dont like the heads your drums come with..DO NOT buy the G2's..theyre evans most open head..and will probly be too ringy. And i hear a ton of people who say the Aquarian Superkick II is way better than the EMAD..but dont buy the G2's..theyre going to be the same as the heads you have now.

User Info Menu

dude, they are a 2 ply head and a bit less ringy than the g1. a standard head for MANY rock players. if you cant make a drum sound good with a remo emp. or evans g2 then it is time to reconsider tuning methods. if you like a more muffled sound the evans ec2 manage to still project alot of tone.
    Last edited by funkymcstain; 06-08-2007 at 11:39 AM.

User Info Menu

Think about the sound you want out of your drums first. Really think about it. Do you want a thud without alot of sustain? Do you want your drums to ring? do you want airy drums? loud? quiet? Think about that then read in here http://home.earthlink.net/~prof.sound/ there's a really good section on different drum heads and their sounds.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    dude, they are a 2 ply head and a bit less ringy than the g1. a standard head for MANY rock players. if you cant make a drum sound good with a remo emp. or evans g2 then it is time to reconsider tuning methods. if you like a more muffled sound the evans ec2 manage to still project alot of tone.
    yes EC2's are nice as well.