Thread: Individual Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Individual Cymbals

When I've been looking at Cymbals, I usually look at the cymbal sets. Now, though, I've been looking at individual cymbals by Zildjian and Sabian. And it's very very hard to understand everything that goes on with them!
    Well, for example, I see fast crashes and regular crashes. What's the difference between the two? I assume it has something to do with the speed but I don't know!
    Another thing, I was checking out splash cymbals and I saw regular cymbals and Dark Custom cymbals. Again what is the difference?
    Oh, and if you have any personal recommendations for cymbals, could you please put some in this topic? Muchos thanks!
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

well a fast crash is meant to react faster and reach its peak sound and then decay faster. resulting in a quick explosion of sound without having to hit overly hard. a "dark" cymbal is usually quite thin and usually has a more raw finish and have a darker drier sound.
    there are a bunch of factors in what make different cymbal lines unique. a good place to find explainations is on the manufacturors websites. most have descriptions and sound samples for all cymbals they make.