Thread: Russ...the hardest workin' poster on DC Chat...any wonder why I can't get a word in!

User Info Menu

Default Russ...the hardest workin' poster on DC Chat...any wonder why I can't get a word in!

Omg, when I glanced casually at the list of topics....I saw this.....lol

Now that is the Royal Flush of DC Chat if I ever saw one........Onya Russ, lol!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Default Re: Russ...the hardest workin' poster on DC Chat...any wonder why I can't get a word

And he claims to sleep days.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: Russ...the hardest workin' poster on DC Chat...any wonder why I can't get a word

Lol!
    Matt

User Info Menu

Matt

User Info Menu

LOL, I don't sleep days.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Actually, I don't sleep much at all.

And to answer your deleted post, Russ, ...

Heck no, why would you think that? PB and I have been waiting for you to hit 10K.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Well, to me there's no greater joy than helping people, or at least giving support and honest feedback depending on the nature of a thread topic. I'm not necessarily going for numbers, although it could be seen as that type of situation- but with a large number of threads to discuss it's inevitable to happen to anyone. It's a cool bonus if you get thanked for helping find someone a deal or a supplier for a part they need, but not necessarily something I would say I live off of. Everytime someone else gets their wish I get mine.

Example:
    Last edited by Russ; 07-17-2011 at 07:03 AM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Haha, i see that just about every day!
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Russ...the hardest workin' poster on DC Chat...any wonder why I can't get a word

(ah-h-h-h-h-hem-m-m-m-m-m!!!)

Russ, what about our buddy PB?

And I still keep things fairly lively!

Seriously, when it comes to actual "work," as in giving drumming advice, you've done more than I have! You have forgotten a lot more than I've learned about drumming through the years!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Ah, ya do me proud Russ. Glad to know ya on DC Chat. You never have a bad word to say about anyone and always happy to give advice.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

woaw...

that is a lot of posting... both russ and bish...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

A couple of good points have been raised, and i'd like to address them if I may. I'm not perfect, or anyone who even resembles a man with a perfect life or situation. I am Russ, that's all I know how to be. I am not married, I don't have kids, i'm not a part of a major band, i'm not in a church, I am not blessed with these things as many others are. I look up to all those who are, and respect them even higher for their knowledge and experiences. I wish to someday learn and aspire to be just like these men and women, pb and bongobro are excellent examples, but there is a vast population which remains unnamed, unfortunately.

I wish I had that spark, that quality that shined like a golden sun on a rainy day. I am glad to be surrounded by such role models, even if i'm not even close to their league. I hope to one day know just what it is that makes them what they are, see a side of life I have not yet seen, one only previously available in a midsummer night's dream. I think that there are things about the world, both in the physical and spiritual realm that cannot be fully explained.

A poor man struggling to feed himself, and possibly the family he loves so much, struggling equally to play drums so he scours his town and journeys playing on buckets, bottles, and the like. That is a rather inspiring thing to me, a will to keep pushing, keep moving along towards your dream whilst doing what you must, setting priorities regardless of how bad your situation may be. I gotta tell you, there's a bit of that same spirit and drive surrounding here, a great vibe. A vibe you can search and search for, but will you as a person ever find it? That place in your heart? A place to gather round and feel accepted? I did, and I found that place was here. My special place under the stars.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

russ.... keep up the posting..

you have a lot of good oppinions, and they are alway met with open arms....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I'm not perfect, or anyone who even resembles a man with a perfect life or situation. I am Russ, that's all I know how to be.
    Russ, if we are honest with ourselves, you have actually defined us all . . . except that we are not all Russ.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I wish I had that spark, that quality that shined like a golden sun on a rainy day. I hope to one day know just what it is that makes them what they are, see a side of life I have not yet seen, one only previously available in a midsummer night's dream.
    Russ, just remember that being you is all the spark that needs to be. Just be the best Russ you can be, because you are part of a larger fabric and without you that fabric just wouldn't be the same!

It's good to have you here my friend!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I agree wit PB. We appreciate all that you are Russ.

User Info Menu

I'd just like to add that if you aren't Russ elsewhere, you could probably get away with it.

Just sayin'.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Yes I agree with everyone Russ you are great to have around. One question do you work for a living? Where do you find the time to post so much? just wondering cause I am retired and I can't seem to find the time to be on this forum.