Thread: Owww!!

User Info Menu

Default Owww!!

I don't know how to put this, so I'll just go and say it..

My butt hurts! Alot, just sitting on a throne is uncomfortable, and it's not my age since im still a teen, any suggestions on how to stop my.. Uknow from hurting?

Note: I'd like to avoid buying a new throne since I'm broke and have other things on my list wants

User Info Menu

Default Re: Owww!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator42009 View Post
    I don't know how to put this, so I'll just go and say it..

My butt hurts! Alot, just sitting on a throne is uncomfortable, and it's not my age since im still a teen, any suggestions on how to stop my.. Uknow from hurting?

Note: I'd like to avoid buying a new throne since I'm broke and have other things on my list wants

Your choice, buy a new throne (Roc&Soc comes to mind) or contend with a sore butt.

User Info Menu

I guess I'll have to build up some butt muscles until I can get a job to satisfy my need for drum-related purchases

User Info Menu

Dude just get a Roc n soc. I have the same problems with my throne and whenever I play at my youth group (which has a roc n soc) I have absolutely no problems. Im gonna end up getting one eventually as well. Its so worth it.
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

-Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive 5-piece
    -SP Hardware
    -Gibraltar Avenger DB-Pedal
    -PST5 Cymbals

"Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.

User Info Menu

if your seat is hard as a rock ..

i can promises you the manufacture will recommend no more than 1 hour of use at any given time

replace the top with a Gibraltar or roc n sock seat if your existing hardware is decent ....other wise get a proper throne ..

after all the pain you have been through i think you deserve a good rest

User Info Menu

just call me Olimpass

User Info Menu

Have you tried putting a towel or a small blanket on your seat? It sounds like you need soft surfaces, if you wish to use the same throne you've been using. You'll find a massive improvement with an upgraded throne, but with the one you have now it greatly limits how long you can play before you feel the pain.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

It all depends on whether your desire for other gear, or the pain in your hindquarters has become the top of the list thing. Personally, I would make a good throne a priority. What's the good of other gear if you can't stand the thought of drumming due to the aftermath?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

you don't have much of a choice if you want to continue to play. Here's some sympathy anyway.......AAwwww, geese, sowwy your butt hoits.
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.

User Info Menu

A small pillow can help immensely. Dial down your thrown about an inch and sit on a pillow. Preferably a small square one from your moms couch would be ideal. Plus, once you sit on it she'll not want it back.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

theres no pillow that will make my SP medium weight stool comfy. i played on that thing for almost a year. got a new bicycle throne last weekend and its the best investment ive made. gave the old throne to my 5 yr old daughter and she doesnt want to sit on it anymore. she wants mine. my back pain is going away and my butts no longer sore.

User Info Menu

Are Pork Pie thrones any good? For the price I've seen them, I would rather go with a Roc n Soc, but I have seen a lot of Pork Pie thrones as well
    “The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you.”
    -B.B. King

User Info Menu

i agree, new seat or pillow.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums