Thread: Drum Dial

User Info Menu

Default Drum Dial

how many of use the drum Dial?
    >>> here it is http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ner?sku=442160

and tell me what you guys think of it, does it really work? does it have more then one setting? how does it work?

User Info Menu

http://store.drumbum.com/skuA-136.html

It's an awesome, sophisticated tool and drummers that use it, swear by it.
    Here's a link on how to use: http://www.drumdial.com/instructions_for_use.htm

I believe Drum Bum has the lowest price on it right now: DRUM DIAL
    Last edited by drummer; 06-08-2007 at 12:37 AM.

User Info Menu

It works very, very well. I've had mine for a while now and I think it was one of the best purchases I have made. My drums absolutly sing! It takes a while to figure out where your exact tuning number is, but once you find what you like, you can tune your whole kit to perfection in 5 minutes without having to bang on them. I take mine with me to every gig so I can do a quick tune-up while I'm setting up to make sure my drums always sound great every time.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

wow, thats really really cool. accept It would be nice also, to be able to tune your drums without one. but still, im hearing nothing but good news from this dial.

User Info Menu

Lafirin, I think that using a drum dial, or a torque key to help with tuning our drums is just fine. Being a purist is fine, but not at the expense of a well tuned kit. Once you use the tool to find that perfect sound, you'll remember about how many turns of the key got you there, and you'll remember that sound that you like. So, if you want, you could be a purist after that - if you want. On the other hand, as 1DB has pointed out, the ability to do a quick tuning isn't so bad either, IMHO.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

the drum dial wont perform miracles, you still have to know how to get you initial tuning to know what your settings are.

User Info Menu

I'm sure that's true, Funky. I bought the Evans torque key, seemed like a cheaper way than the drum dial, and I used it to begin tuning my new kit. After I got things basically tuned, I still had to get out the old manual key and a stick to get the fine tuning that I wanted. After various problems - choked sounding drums, snare sympathetic vibration, and generally not quite liking what I heard - I heard one drum come to a beautiful tone. Tuned every other drum in relation to that one, and then everything was perfect. Started with the torque key to get close, but still worked with the old tried and true drum key to nail it! Once it's nailed, I'm sure that recording the torque or the setting on the drum dial would always make it easier to repeat the tuning quickly.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

to true guys