Thread: Another deal?

User Info Menu

Default Another deal?

heres some of the Sabain AAX.. is this a good deal? better then Zildjains Avedis?

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemID=55264

User Info Menu

Lafirin, my friend, I think you're starting to make yourself a little crazy over this choice. I understand how easy that can happen, because I went through it just recently whe I bought my new kit. I had narrowed down my choice to a Sonor Force 3005 or a Gretsch Calalina, and I kept going back and forth without being able to make the ultimate choice because they were both such good kits and such good deals. Finally, I realized that I just needed to take some time and go to a music store and put my sticks on the drums. That helped some, and made me realize that I wouldn't be making a mistake either way.

I think you have the same dilemna here. It looks like, to me, that you're going to have to go hear the cymbals that you're interested in and see if the sound you like makes you a Sabian man, or a Zildjian man. If you find out that they both sound good to you, then you can choose based on the best deal you can find. Having a littel more cash in your pocket after the deal goes down isn't such a bad thing either!

Just remember to have fun finding your sound!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Must agree pastor bob. I've said it before, but it's worth repeating: trusting your ears is what it's all about. All the top brand cymbals sound good, it's just that I play Zildjians. Also how they're played, and in what context adds to their musicality. Thanks again for the welcome...what a cool dot com!
    Mature rockin' Ludwiggy (but wigless, by avatar and pic!!)
    Drums: Ludwig
    Cymbals: Zildjian A Custom
    Heads: Remo Pinstripe and Evans
    Band: Snapshot

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    Lafirin, my friend, I think you're starting to make yourself a little crazy over this choice.
    I can relate. I bought a Carvin custom guitar a few years back. I had to pick the model, type(s) of wood(s), color(s), type of fingerboard inlay, hardware, pick-ups, type of bridge, and electronics. I agonized over that bad boy.

User Info Menu

yeah.. I just keep finding these great cymbals and im getting all caught up because i absolutly dont want to waste my money here, and i want something that will fullful me for along time. To tell you guys the truth i checked out the sounds of the the AAX cymbal pack and the Avedis cymbal pack on the Sabain and Zildjian website and I like the sound of the AAX.. its brighter and I just like the sound better. and when I found this deal, i had already kind of switched my decicion to go with the sabain and i just wanted your opinion on this price http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemID=55264 compared to this one https://www.activemusician.com/item--MC.25005X

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin
    yeah.. I just keep finding these great cymbals and im getting all caught up because i absolutly dont want to waste my money here, and i want something that will fullful me for along time. To tell you guys the truth i checked out the sounds of the the AAX cymbal pack and the Avedis cymbal pack on the Sabain and Zildjian website and I like the sound of the AAX.. its brighter and I just like the sound better. and when I found this deal, i had already kind of switched my decicion to go with the sabain and i just wanted your opinion on this price http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemID=55264 compared to this one https://www.activemusician.com/item--MC.25005X

I suppose, logically, it all depends on whether you need a cymbal bag for giging, or if you want that extra cymbal to play. Personally, I would say that $200.00 for a cymbal bag and one less cymbal means that it better be one very good cymbal bag! Did I say VERY GOOD?

Keeping some extra money in your pocket is never a bad thing, especially if you got what you wanted. That's called a win/win situation. The seller makes their money, and you keep more of yours!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Thats an amazing deal, im thinking about that one myself, lets put it this way, the AAXplosion crashes are more than the AAX stage crashes(pretty posative) and for that pack, AAX hats, AAX crash, AAX ride, is 670 anywhere else, not only do they switch out and give you a bettter crash, they give you A second better crash, thats like a 800$ value

User Info Menu

i know man, i couldn't beleive it.. now you see why I had changed my mind huh? and yes they are more expensive then the stage crashes, by about 40 bucks. Im going to call my music store and ask them about it.

User Info Menu

i have to say that is a great price. the second crash would prolly be the selling point for me. you could definatly not go wrong with that deal. and i think the sound of the aax will suit your needs for any amped situation. prolly a little much for a quiet jazz trio, but doubt you will be doing much of that right?
    this would complete that set....
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ack?sku=446579

User Info Menu

nope no jazz, thanks for the input guys, I just e mailed the 2 music stores in my town for there opinion, and asked them if they could order it if i finally do decide to purchase them. (thanks for the complimenting cymbals Funky), ill get pack to you guys if things work out.

User Info Menu

nope no jazz, thanks for the input guys, I just e mailed the 2 music stores in my town for there opinion, and asked them if they could order it if i finally do decide to purchase them. (thanks for the complimenting cymbals Funky), ill get pack to you guys if things work out.
    Hey, Lafirin, just remember that you don't play jazz now. Who knows what you'll do in the future?!

User Info Menu

hmmm.. good point there bob. well I'll just have to play jazz on rock cymbals ill make a new genre, rock/Jazz with blaring electric guitars and mellow trumpets or whatever those jazz people use

User Info Menu

Very cool! We have a pioneer in our midst! I love it! One day, your name might be right up there with Neil Peart! It could happen, and then I'll be able to say I talked with you on DrumChat!

User Info Menu

and Ill give everyone here a piece of my rich's too!

User Info Menu

You're the best, Dude!

User Info Menu

Yes, please give me money so I can live out my materialistic dreams! :D
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog
    Yes, please give me money so I can live out my materialistic dreams! :D
    Mine aren't dreams, their more like fantasies! Not going to happen, so I think I'll choose to be happy with what I've got (and that's more that a good number of poor people throughout this old world of ours. At least I'll eat today!

User Info Menu

amen, amen!

User Info Menu

well I was going to buy the sabain cymbal pack for 499 by same ash, but they dont ship to canada, so thats out of the question. So does 699 for 14" stage hats, 20" stage ride and 16" stage crash" (all AAX) sound like a good deal to you?

User Info Menu

well for that good of a deal, which is what im getting, get the sam ash one shipped to a friend in the USA and get him to send it up to you

User Info Menu

I was thinking of that too... thats actually a good idea, how much does the shipping cost though? (from my friend in the US to me in canada)? "aproxamitly"

User Info Menu

Naww, dude, if their not gonna give you that pack, look around on ebay, every once in a while you can find a sabian AA pack, 14 hats, 17 and 19 medium crashes, and a 20 ride, for like 400 bucks, and occasionally a zildjian A custom pack, except instead of the 14 fast crash, a 18 projection crash

User Info Menu

I was thinking of that too... thats actually a good idea, how much does the shipping cost though? (from my friend in the US to me in canada)? "aproxamitly"
    i doubt it would cost that much, just pay him back for the shipping, youll have a ton of money left over from saving it all from the other pack

User Info Menu

whats 699. canadian compaired to 499. american? is that why the prices are dramatic in difference?

User Info Menu

there canadian dollar is almost the same as american right now, which makes that 499 deal very very good.