View Poll Results: Do you feel bad for Paris Hilton?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 7.41%
  • No

25 92.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Feel Bad For Paris Hilton?

User Info Menu

Default Do You Feel Bad For Paris Hilton?

A simple Yes or No will do LOL

User Info Menu

Can't do that DC.

Yes, I feel bad for her because I think her sentence was a bit harsh. No, I don't feel sorry for her, because she's not the only one to get a harsh sentence, and I don't believe her celebrity status should give her any advantage over anyone else. I sure don't think that being depressed in jail should allow her to get out. What about the next mass murderer? If they get depressed over the idea of facing a lifetime in prison, do we let them out?

So, yes, and no, but leaning toward the no. Hopefully this whole experience will have the effect that it's supposed to have - convince her that she better not ever do it again.

Man, I think I'm a no vote!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

No! Its sick that she gets out just cos she has money. Anyone else that is "depressed" in jail would have to stay. It really makes me sick.

User Info Menu

I don't feel bad for her one bit, if that was me I would be lucky with the 45 days...... She could have killed somebody while she was driving intoxicated! Not only did she get a DWI, she also broke her parole 3 times...... She knew she wasn't supposed to be driving and she did anyway. I say send that skinny brat back to jail where she belongs! When you break the law you should pay the price no matter what your "social status" is..........

User Info Menu

HECK NO.
    Nope
    nah
    no

User Info Menu

As soon as I heard she was going to jail I was like "YAY!! Celebrities finally get put in their place!! Right next everyone else!"

Rule by law baby...and don't you forget it!!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

shes so spoiled and irresponsible..

User Info Menu

Angry Do You Feel Bad for Paris Hilton?

No.

If she was just plain old Mary Smith and was up for the same charges, do you think they'd interrupt the news every hour on the hour to update the story?

No.

Do you think she'd get the same breaks Paris has gotten?

NO.

As the cliche goes, money talks and...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Yea, so, how fair is that, she gets in jail for 3 days, then gets put out on house arrest, oh, the horror, staying in your house for 42 days, oh wait, wahts this, oh yea, paris hilton has a mansion, full of staff to do her every command

Then she broke her house arrest, and claimed it wasnt fair that shes getting put back in jail!?!?

God, anyone else DUI is like a year, she dosnt even get a 4th of that

User Info Menu

This just in! she might be going to jail again? she went to court again .. our government really has no idea what they are doing do they? shes in shes out in 24 hours. crazy world

User Info Menu

I've followed this carefully. Technically, the sheriff can let people out. I know it doesn't make sense to us, but it's become the accepted way of doing things over there. The sheriff controls the jails. So... legally I think the sheriff will be protected and she will probably be released again. That said, I'm with the majority on this. Regardless of law; I'm sick of a two-tier justice system that favors celebrities. I'm also sick of slick, high-paid, half-crooked lawyers that get these people off simply because they can.

If I feel sorry for Paris at all, it is because she wasn't lucky enough to have good parents that could raise her properly. Instead they raised a pampered brat that expects no accountability for her actions. She needs to be brought down to earth with the rest of us. I hope that she remains in jail for the remainder of the sentence. I don't think she will though. It's a shame because it could have been a catalyst for change.

User Info Menu

Wow, the results are certainly stacked against her. At this moment it's 12 votes to nothing.

Yeah, she's a stuck-up, pampered brat who wouldn't know what to do if she had to walk down here on the ground with the rest of us.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    Can't do that DC.

Yes, I feel bad for her because I think her sentence was a bit harsh. No, I don't feel sorry for her, because she's not the only one to get a harsh sentence, and I don't believe her celebrity status should give her any advantage over anyone else. I sure don't think that being depressed in jail should allow her to get out. What about the next mass murderer? If they get depressed over the idea of facing a lifetime in prison, do we let them out?

So, yes, and no, but leaning toward the no. Hopefully this whole experience will have the effect that it's supposed to have - convince her that she better not ever do it again.

Man, I think I'm a no vote!
    Bit harsh no. She got off prolly with half of what you would get sorry PB. Everything else your right about thought

If anything, celebs deserve harsher penalties. There the ones people look upto and they have people always watching them. You think that would be bad enough to be good :S

And drummer :> Im glad that doesnt hapen in australia. Im not sure about america. But here you can only be punished for a crime once. So with a good lawyer. If you have it there. She cant be arrested after being released but then again she wasnt released properly either so thats good :>

But since when were you alowed to get out of jail because your head is messed up. Most people are in there because of that.... Her penaltie should be doubled for not serving it fully.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I also think her "depression" thing is a fake. She started out saying she wanted normal treatment because thats responcible...... So once in there she had to get out coz she didnt like it. Hey if i plead crazy ill get out and goto a nicer place to stay for a while...... Its stupid. It wouldnt happen to me in her position.

But its not just america. The whole worlds justice is ruined with celebs and "norms"

Everyone should watch tuesdays with morrie. Then we wouldnt need a government or court system policeing etc.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

She is ridiculous, I think she needs more time in the slammer if you ask me, anyone else would be in there alot longer than she is.

User Info Menu

I voted no, its ridiculous that she gets out because of her "social status" Tell you what i think since she got out her community service should be a really tough job, like construction, or a sewage worker, maybe that would get the idea through that thinkheaded little brat! :D

User Info Menu

Oh, come on now. I think we should all stop sugar coating it. How do we really feel about Paris Hilton?

Seriously, though, I must agree that Paris is spoiled rotten, and has no concept of accountability. She's gotten everything she wants on her looks and her parents money, and she appears to believe that this gravy train will go on forever. The tragedy is that things change (money can be lost), and looks fade (I never had any in the first place, so this an opinion based on observation of others!). What will someone like Paris do when the gravy train ends, if she doesn't learn the hard lesson now. They are doing her no favor by giving in to her now.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

i think the only reason why she went "insane" was because when she saw the uniform for the prison she immediately said: "That's not hot."
    just saying.
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

haha, it only cost 42 dollars to make, so not her style, she wants a loiue viton brand uniform

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    No.

If she was just plain old Mary Smith and was up for the same charges, do you think they'd interrupt the news every hour on the hour to update the story?

No.

Do you think she'd get the same breaks Paris has gotten?

NO.

As the cliche goes, money talks and...

I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!

Just cause you are famous and have money, doesn't mean you should be exempt from the law..
    When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.

User Info Menu

Turns out the sherriff got a rather large "donation" to his election fund from Paris' (i think) grandfather just before her release for "mental problems". Gee, that doesn't seem suss at all does it?

At any rate - I say lock her up for a couple of months, then just ignore her when she gets out. The thing that i reckon she would hate more than anything is to be ignored by the press and the public, no matter what she does. I mean seriously, most people didn't give a hoot about her before her "home movie" hit the interent and then suddenly she's the hot topic and has been since - and supposedly she was horified that the tape was leaked, yeah right.

This is just another one of those things that makes everyone pay attention to her, which is all she really cares about. When she isn't doing this sort of thing, no one cares about her and she isn't on the news and in the mag's as much. So what is the way to fix that? Act up, do something wrong and outragous and then suddenly she is the hot topic again. Maybe instead of 23 days in jail, it should just be 23 days of no news coverage or tabloid coverage whatsoever - i reckon that would have a more detrimental effect and teach her a lesson.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Wow! Very creative sentencing there, CMWP! Might actually work!

User Info Menu

maybe
    but then again she might find a way to become the center of attention again.
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    maybe
    but then again she might find a way to become the center of attention again.
    That's my point - that is all she does - her "home movie", then it was getting engaged, then splitting up with him, her dog going missing, the various partying exploits(which now belong to Lindsy Lohan), the list goes on. Just when you think you've heard enough of her and you won't have to listen to any more spoilt rich kid garbage, she does something else.

Even this latets things was just, IMO, a way to garner more public attention, she was probably afraid that people were losing interest with her locked up, so she needed to do something to make it interesting again.

All of them are the same, the previously mentioned Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Tara Reid - they all keep their fame by "acting up", otherwise they'll end up as no-bodies - what was the last big hit from Britney or Lindsay? What was the last box office hit from Tara Reid? But they are still big in the public eye becuase of things they do. Ignore them and hopefully they will eventually go away, but of course people don't ignore them, and some people even worship them for they behaviour and say it is something to be proud of!?!?

I have very little tolerence for these types as you can tell.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

As they say. Bad publicity is still publicity.

I dont get wher people think this is normal....

Alot of people call me strange....

But all i can see thats strange about me is i dont see good and bad as segregated...... There both different things that exist... Doesnt mean your one or the other. So i mix em all up.

Paris etc all think because there rich they get away... That they have to act this certain way....

No one has to act any one way. Thats one of our fredoms to life (for now)
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters