Thread: Wierd problem

User Info Menu

Default Wierd problem

I wear ear plugs. and when I drum to music, I can't hear the bass pedal.. so I open my jaw a little bit which opens my ears so I can hear the bass pedal, only problem.. my jaw hurts after. anyone had this happen to them?

User Info Menu

If you keep doing this you're going to get TMJ........

User Info Menu

TMJ? what is this..

User Info Menu

Temporal Mandibular Joint - it's the jaw joint right in front of your ears. Having to keep your mouth open will stress the muscles of the joint and can make them sore over time. Either that or you'll end up with very buff jaw muscles!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Buff jaw muscles! that would rock lmao , well theres only one solution to that I guess. get drumming ear plugs,

ps: can someone give me some suggestions, I don't want to have an abnormal jaw...

User Info Menu

Well, if you want to give up on buff jaw muscles, there go all those adoring female fans!

Here a link for ear protection . . . make sure you work on your personality dude!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/live/...=100001+304650
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    make sure you work on your personality dude!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/live/...=100001+304650
    I ain't promising anything

thanks for the link , I have some ear plugs just like one ones on the website you gave me ( the 1st plugs on the list) accept my hear phones don't fit over them because they don't change shape. what do you use?

User Info Menu

Nothing yet. But the new kit in in the living room and there's no carpet in there to absorb sound, so I'm going to the store tomorrow to get some ear plugs. I figure the pharmacy section should have them at t better price than a drum shop. We'll see.

User Info Menu

Ahhh, the joys of having a Pharmacist for a mother. I always use her to get earplugs in adequate supply.

I tend to like the soft foam ones that expand in your ear rather than the harder plastic ones. They are rated at -26 dB (from memory), which is good. My uncle told me that for every increase of 3dB the total volume is doubled.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Sound is off a sine curve from memory so it changes..... But i use the expanding foam ones as well. I find it just (compresses) the sound like you would when mastering. No more owies on the ears. So i love it.....

When i was playing to tracks i would use those little ear plug headphones and put ear muffs over them. Use to work well except they would then hurt my ears :P

Still working on the perfect technique.

Hearos High Fidelity Ear Filters,...... Anyone use these? I like how these kinda work. I almost brought them on the spot but what do people know about them ?
    Last edited by Stevo42w; 06-09-2007 at 08:37 AM.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

well whats i do, is use some head phones and put them over my foam ear plugs. works well.