Thread: Roland TD-6 question

TKdrums50 Guest

Default Roland TD-6 question

Hey guys i just had a question about the td-6 sound mod. The sounds on the td-6 are of bad quality in my opinion and i was wondering If any other sound mods were compatible with the td-6 V drums?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland TD-6 question

Do a Google search for VExpressions. Those guys make professional sounds that you can load into your module and they're not expensive. For example, they sell the Master 50 TD-6 pack (50 kits modeled after kits used by actual pro drummers) for only $40.
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

TKdrums50 Guest

So those sounds can be loaded onto my td-6 without having to buy another modual? If they can How do i get them from the comp to the set?

User Info Menu

I don't own a TD-6 so I can't walk you through it, but check out the site. They provide all necessary instructions. And yes, you load it all into the module itself. It basically takes up the custom kit slots.

TKdrums50 Guest

Ok awesome thanks!

User Info Menu

The VExpressions patches are not new sounds, just adapted kits from the sounds already available in the module.

Ultimately, if you are looking for brand new, better quality sound you need to upgrade the module.

Sorry rain on your parade :(
    MikeTheDrums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheDrums View Post
    The VExpressions patches are not new sounds, just adapted kits from the sounds already available in the module.

Ultimately, if you are looking for brand new, better quality sound you need to upgrade the module.

Sorry rain on your parade :(
    It's more than just a combination of sounds from the module, the sounds have all been tweaked using Roland's COSM, which can make a drastic difference. I personally own a Yamaha kit but the folks at the vDrums forum all swear by V-Expressions. It's the very first thing they advise everyone to do when they get their hands on a Roland module.