Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pasite

User Info Menu

Default Pasite

just out of curiosity, are pasite pron to break easier then Zildjain or Sabain? what are the higher and lower ends of pasite, and what would be a type of pasite cymbal that would be close (in quiality) to the sabain AAX?

User Info Menu

Hey, Lafirin, I think you're asking about "Paiste" cymbals.

Here's their website: http://www.paiste.com/products/cymbals/

You can go on there and hear the different cymbals. They have a number of "professional level" series. I wish I could help you more, but I'm still playing with Zildjian ZBT's at the moment, so I'm not qualified to say too much here.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

i checked out every single cymbal, and they all seem brighter then sabain or zildjain. but then again, i looked up the K custom ride, and on the website it sounded like crap,(to me anyways) but on drumbums set his k custom sounds really good, so i dunno if i can trust the websites 100%. Im just suprised how cheap the paiste's are...

User Info Menu

the lower end paistes, like alpha, you cant beat the deal, but once you get up there in the signature, they get pretty pricey

Paiste seems to be built med. thin, so they have a nice give to them, and wont break as easier

Lets put it this way, bonzo used 2002's and they said nobody could hit a drum harder than him

User Info Menu

Stay away from the PST3 and PST5 lines. 2002 and Traditional series are good mid-range cymbals. The Alpha series is THE darkhorse of the cymbal industry. Great sound, great quality, and low price. I'm starting to see more and more pros use these. The Signatur, Signature Reflector, and Rude series are the top of the line. The Signatures are going to be the closest to the AAX line, but they are actually stronger due to the Paiste Signature Alloy. (check the thread - Poll:Sabian or Zildjian)
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

just for the reference...paiste Alphas..are no where near Zildjian A customs..some people on here told me that..and i went in the store and tested them side by side..and the A customs were much better.

Id recommend paiste rude's or 2002's

User Info Menu

The alphas, since theyve been overhauled, their sooo much better, 125 bucks for a 16 crash, thats professional quality, amazing

I love the alpha's, they have a diffrent sound than the A customs, all paistes have a diffrent sound than zildjian and sabian, paiste is made a completely diffrent way

User Info Menu

true, paiste does not play well with others. the alphas are a real surprise. i have talked to a few metal guys that have accually switched from rudes to alpha crashes.

User Info Menu

Haha, well, lets see, the alpha rock crashes are basically rudes, rude is just a paiste 2002 that hasnt been lathed, thats what the alpha rock crashes are

And yea, just because how paiste cymbals each start as a disc of material and are made from that, i think that affects the sound vs zildjian and sabian which start with a pie of metal, and go from that

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz
    Haha, well, lets see, the alpha rock crashes are basically rudes, rude is just a paiste 2002 that hasnt been lathed, thats what the alpha rock crashes are

And yea, just because how paiste cymbals each start as a disc of material and are made from that, i think that affects the sound vs zildjian and sabian which start with a pie of metal, and go from that
    not really a pie, more like a blob. i saw a cool show on the history channel a couple weeks ago from the zildjian factory that showed how a customs are made.

User Info Menu

If u have the cash. Go w/the sigs. They're expensive but well worth it. DONT base your decision on the the sound clips. They're not accurate. Find a store that has a lot of different sig crashes (full, fast, mellow & power) & keep hitting them until you find what sound you like. Compare the sound to other Paiste cymbals so you can make a better decision. I have the 15" & 17" sig fast crashes & love them. They're not as bright as the full or as loud as the power. I've never heard the mellow but i've read on reviews that they're the perfect sound. I want to check those out. I had a Zildjian 16" A custom crash that was my favorite cymbal. I even considered the Sabian AAX explosion. Once you hear the sound of the Paiste sigs you'll forget the other two.....trust me! It's true that Paiste's dont blend well w/crashes from other brands. So dont try that. Like i said i had an A custom & bought a Paiste. Didnt work out. I sold the Zildjian & bought another Paiste. That tells u something. U can have your hats & ride from other brands. That wont matter. I have A Zildjian 13" new beats & a Sabian 21" AA raw bell dry ride. I'm very happy w/my cymbals. Make sure u r too!
    Last edited by oz25227; 06-09-2007 at 06:01 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    not really a pie, more like a blob. i saw a cool show on the history channel a couple weeks ago from the zildjian factory that showed how a customs are made.
    ha, you saw that too?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    Stay away from the PST3 and PST5 lines. 2002 and Traditional series are good mid-range cymbals. The Alpha series is THE darkhorse of the cymbal industry. Great sound, great quality, and low price. I'm starting to see more and more pros use these. The Signatur, Signature Reflector, and Rude series are the top of the line. The Signatures are going to be the closest to the AAX line, but they are actually stronger due to the Paiste Signature Alloy. (check the thread - Poll:Sabian or Zildjian)
    I resent that... For one of Paiste's worst makes, they really aren't that bad. Certainly not the best or even mid-best, but they still work if you're on a budget. Splashes though, yeah I'd stay away too.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I don't see anything wrong with the splashes.. what makes you not like them? and I was told that the PST3 and PST5 are a step above the 201 bronze.. so whats the deal

User Info Menu

The one thing I've noticed about Paiste cymbals, is that 2 cymbals from the same line (Read: identical), sound exactly the same. Whereas Sabian and Zildjan don't. I play on Sabian,because I like their warmth, but sometimed I have to play on 12 different cymbals of the same kind to find that one I want.

User Info Menu

The splashes just sound like crap, at least for the PST 3 and 5 lines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by el presidente
    The one thing I've noticed about Paiste cymbals, is that 2 cymbals from the same line (Read: identical), sound exactly the same. Whereas Sabian and Zildjan don't. I play on Sabian,because I like their warmth, but sometimed I have to play on 12 different cymbals of the same kind to find that one I want.
    yeah! i found they sound exactly same too, and Sabain sometimes does that too, but not as much. hey El, what kind of sabains you got? and what kinda music to play?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oz25227
    DONT base your decision on the the sound clips. They're not accurate.
    smartest comment ever..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin
    yeah! i found they sound exactly same too, and Sabain sometimes does that too, but not as much. hey El, what kind of sabains you got? and what kinda music to play?
    I have a pair of 14" hhx evolution hats, a 18" aaxplosion crash a 20" paragon crash and a 22" paragon ride. I play proggy post-hardcore kind of stuff. But really, I just have a large drumset and like things to be big and loud. Play on whatever you like, and what you like will change alot for quite a few years. I'm still evolving. People on here like to tell you that you should play on whatever they have and that's what the best stuff is. My advice, don't listen.

User Info Menu

wow.. nice cymbals man. Well I play rock and some rock/pop and a tiny bit of punk. And i found a deal, 499 bucks for..... 1 16'' AAXplosion crash and 1 18" AAXplosion crash, AAX 14" stage hats and an a AAX 20" stage ride. think I should get em?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin
    wow.. nice cymbals man. Well I play rock and some rock/pop and a tiny bit of punk. And i found a deal, 499 bucks for..... 1 16'' AAXplosion crash and 1 18" AAXplosion crash, AAX 14" stage hats and an a AAX 20" stage ride. think I should get em?
    Wha wha whee, I don't know much about Sabian but that sounds like a hell of a deal.

User Info Menu

you betcha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat
    Wha wha whee, I don't know much about Sabian but that sounds like a hell of a deal.
    its an amazing deal

User Info Menu

Do it. Keep what you like and sell what you don't. You might end up with a couple of cymbals for free.

User Info Menu

true true..