Thread: Anga Diaz

User Info Menu

Default Anga Diaz

Check out these videos:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l123ZdPP8O0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l123ZdPP8O0[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3JstWOcA6Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3JstWOcA6Q[/ame]

User Info Menu

Default Re: Anga Diaz

I had the chance to see him play with Irakere at the Quasimodo club in West Berlin back in the 80's. I did not knew who he was until after he started playing. I had to sit down and (tried) to keep my mouth closed, impossible!!!. Meanest conga player ever!. We shared ideas and stories. What an experience!!! The percussion world really misses Anga. But, I look at it this way; GOD needed the best conga player in Heaven, and that's what He got from Earth... "The Best".

CONGARICAN
    "The best Conga ever is... The one that sounds the best for you. Is the one that, puts a smile on your face everytime you play it."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CONGARICAN View Post
    The percussion world really misses Anga. But, I look at it this way; GOD needed the best conga player in Heaven, and that's what He got from Earth... "The Best".

CONGARICAN

You are so right!!

User Info Menu

I noticed a lot of playing structure in the second video. He didn't just play fast all the time, he really mixed it up and threw in a lot of different patterns into the mix. I really love seeing that kind of spice and variety. The band gradually comes more and more into things adding excitement so I liked that too. Phenominal player!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

So when did he pass away? Great post of his videos btw.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    So when did he pass away? Great post of his videos btw.
    He died in 2006. I came across these videos on youtube and I had to share them!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    He died in 2006. I came across these videos on youtube and I had to share them!!
    And I'm so glad you did matey!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Why don't you guys look up "Guarapachangueo" in Youtube. You'll be surprised how many great congueros are outhere sharing their skills. Also look up; David La Mole in Youtube.
    "The best Conga ever is... The one that sounds the best for you. Is the one that, puts a smile on your face everytime you play it."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CONGARICAN View Post
    Why don't you guys look up "Guarapachangueo" in Youtube. You'll be surprised how many great congueros are outhere sharing their skills. Also look up; David La Mole in Youtube.
    David La Mole,yes, I've seen some of his videos, really great! I'll check out your other recommendation.

Thanks