Thread: Almostmatt1's video thread

User Info Menu

Default Almostmatt1's video thread

Heyy guys This first video was more a test of the camera and my ability to use windows movie maker and stuff, but i reckon it's ok and the person who i was borrowing the camera from needed it back, so i couldnt really make a better one. Well, the song is called "My fears have become phobias" By "As blood runs black."
    Again, there are a few blaring mistakes, but tell me what ya'll reckon! Warning, cookie monster vocals..
    Also, im posting the link from my video on facebook. So i dont know how well it'll work.

EDIT - Dunno whats wrong, but youtube just wont work... It sais it's processing them, then just keeps on freezing.
    EDIT 2 - Got a friend to upload the video. Here it is! Hope it works...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vspm9DhW9CQ"]Test - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by almostmatt1; 08-16-2011 at 02:50 AM.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: Almostmatt1's video thread

Man you play so soft I cant hear ya lol

User Info Menu

BUUUMP! Top of the list I have a video now, just wanted to share it.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

I enjoyed it very much! Cool sounding kit ya got there. I like fills at the 3:50-3:55 mark. The rotos sound great man! What heads are you using on them cause it sounds really crisp.

User Info Menu

Thanks late8! At the minute i just have stock single ply clear batter heads on them. That was the 8" Roto tom if i recall correctly. Thanks for watching!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by almostmatt1 View Post
    Thanks late8! At the minute i just have stock single ply clear batter heads on them. That was the 8" Roto tom if i recall correctly. Thanks for watching!
    You're welcome...keep 'em coming. Single ply on the 8" roto? Cool, thanks. I had remo black dots and now using Remo Pinstripes but may try a single ply head. Due to the camera angle, the roto was hidden from view behind the rack tom so it surprised me.... seemed like it came out of nowhere!! Very cool trick lol....hidden drums.

User Info Menu

Haha, due to floor space it was the only place for the camera tripod stand. When i make some more video's I'll clean up a bit so everyone can see everything a bit better.
    Definitely give a single ply head a try! sounds great to me. If i had some bigger Roto's i think I'd go with G2's or emperors... What heads are you running on yours at the minute?
    Last edited by almostmatt1; 08-18-2011 at 06:25 AM.

User Info Menu

Just saw this video and want to say You are a very talented drummer and these are some of the things I saw in this video !

Great You are using hearing protection

Very relaxed

Changing up left and right leads very good

Nice chops

Very controlled strikes

Do You play any jazz or blues ? I'd like to see You make another video of jazz or blues or maybe some classic rock ! Keep up the good work,john
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

Larrysperf Guest

Your playing is good just had hard time with original drum tracks coming threw also. Thanks for sharing

User Info Menu

You cheated!!!
    12x5 Pork Pie Lil Squeeler Snare
    Ddrum Reflex
    22x20 kick
    10x7 rack tom
    12x8 rack tom
    16x14 floor tom

14" Sabian B8 Hi Hats
    17" Alpha Metal Crash
    19" Alpha Metal Crash
    20" B8 Ride

Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Double Pedal w/red offset cam

www.facebook.com/thebattleofmidway

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. And cheated how? Im gonna take a guess, the playing on the roto tom instead of double kick? I figured since i cant double kick even nearly half as fast as whats in the actuall song, a buzz roll on the roto tom would suffice. If thats not it, please let me know, id love criticizm on how to improve.
    And @2slow, i sort of dabble in a bit of everything if i can but my favourite is heavy metal. When i can get my hands on a camera again ill record as many songs as possible, a bit of blues and jazz for you. Any song requests?

Larrysperf Guest

how bout some Disturbed

User Info Menu

I liked it. You looked quite relaxed, and under the stress of those kinds of chops that's no easy task. Good speed and accuracy throughout, you started out strong and ended on an equal note. Well done.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Excellent playing. And I'm impressed with your changing up leaft n right leads also. Pretty impressive!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    how bout some Disturbed
    I'll work on Down with the Sickness

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I liked it. You looked quite relaxed, and under the stress of those kinds of chops that's no easy task. Good speed and accuracy throughout, you started out strong and ended on an equal note. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuperprohero View Post
    Excellent playing. And I'm impressed with your changing up leaft n right leads also. Pretty impressive!!
    Thanks very much guys!

User Info Menu

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaBGhTG21Qs"]System of a Down - Atwa Drum Cover - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp4VGWHpFHo"]System of a Down - Toxicity Drum Cover - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq6igLoP1I0"]System of a Down Chop Suey Drum Cover - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_CZz2EyM-4"]Pantera - Suicide Note Pt. 2 Drum Cover - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SFekYZWh60"]Pantera - Cowboys from Hell Drum Cover - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj0Kb8h20DA"]Chaimara - Needle Drum Cover - YouTube[/ame]

NEW STUFF! Camera angle and sound quality isn't great but it was the best i could do... I can't often borrow a camera and i had my friends laptop here, and we couldn't really place in in a good position.
    Anyway enjoy guys.