Thread: Heads

User Info Menu

Unhappy Heads

Hi Guys and Girls!!!

I play an MHX Pearl Masters Mahogany kit, and I am looking to upgrade my skins, any suggestions for skins that would let me keep the really low punchy souns and tones of the Mahogany??

also, about snares too, anyone with a pearl FFS Brass know what head really compliments these drums?

I play grunge and funk, if that helps you out.

Funky, I am relying on you for the snare info....

The heads I have at the moment are the masters remo factory heads, e.g. the heads that the kit came with...
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

Check this out. Near the end is a very nice section about drum heads and the sounds they provide.

http://home.earthlink.net/~prof.sound/id5.html

User Info Menu

Remo Powerdot heads really compliment brass and bronze snares. I haven't played a mahogany set yet so I can't help you out with batter heads.

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by el presidente
    Check this out. Near the end is a very nice section about drum heads and the sounds they provide.

http://home.earthlink.net/~prof.sound/id5.html
    That site is fantastic!! where did you come across it?
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

someone sent it to me a few months back.

grasslander Guest

I'm a heavy hitter, and into metal, and I've played Remo Clear Pinstripes practically forever The Ebony Pinstripes have a wetter sound, at least to my ear. You're probably best checking out the link el presidente gave you, though!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys!! I am going with Remo Coated Pinstripes for the toms and I am going with either the same for the bass drum or an ebony bass drum head, the bass drum is pretty low and punchy already, so I don't want to over-do it!!