Thread: Cymbal quandry

User Info Menu

Default Cymbal quandry

A few weeks ago I bought a used 20" Zildjian Ping Ride. I decided to clean it the other night, and it dawned on me that I rubbed off all the markings, except of course the Zildjian stamp. Now, how would I ever convince anyone this is what I say it is, if I ever plan to sell it?
    Thanks, Mark.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cymbal quandry

You could take a picture of yours, and a picture (I guess from a Zildjian website) of the unmarked Ping ride and save them together. You can always show a buyer the two pics for comparison. I've bought/sold tens of cymbals used (most of mine are) and in my experience most people looking at pro line cymbals 'know' what they are looking at, or for, so they will 'know' a Ping ride when they see/hear it.

User Info Menu

Yeah, good point. I know that Sabian has a program that allows you to send it in and they will re-stamp it. I think I read it somewhere where Zildjian does the same thing. Wouldn't cost all that much probably.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk11 View Post
    A few weeks ago I bought a used 20" Zildjian Ping Ride. I decided to clean it the other night, and it dawned on me that I rubbed off all the markings, except of course the Zildjian stamp. Now, how would I ever convince anyone this is what I say it is, if I ever plan to sell it?
    Thanks, Mark.
    you don't need it because you will keep it

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY