Thread: Failure Figure

User Info Menu

Default Failure Figure

My Band Failure Figure is a Horror Punk band with songs based around B-Horror movies, vampires Zombies, and so on. We are influenced by bands you probably havent heard of, like The Crimson Ghost, The rezurex, and our Favorite Horror Punk band Blitzkid. Were excited cause we're going to the studio in 2 weeks to record our demo. When we get it done I'l give ya a link to the website. We have songs recorded but if I showed them to you youd think less of me, lol.
    Weve been recording on the singers lil 8 track and Ive been putting down drumtracks 1st with no metronome. Thats really hard for me but thats how the studio does it.
    WE play local shows and have a good bit of fans. One of the happiest moments in the band was when we opened for this really awesome and popular metal band and almost everyone left AFTER we played.I was stoked.
    That was way to long,

User Info Menu

Im a punk fan so ill be looking forward to hearing from you.

User Info Menu

I love your band name, and you music sounds interesting, can't wait to check it out.

User Info Menu

Well I just got in from playing a party, it went great!! Atleast the first half did. WE were playing and a mosh pit started and it was the most brutal mosh pit that Ive ever seen. On about the 7th song my snare started losing its "snare sound", throughout the entire song it got worse and worse and then it was like the snare wasnt even on. I played through it and I think I noticed it more than anyone else but it was torture for the rest of the show. But it went well and we played our best.
    What do ya call a drummer whos girlfriend just broke up with him???

Homeless.

User Info Menu

We have a show on the 7 and Im super stoked because its with a band called Graveyard Boulevard, they are former members of the band Wednesday 13. Im supere excited.

Homeless.

User Info Menu

Well that 2 weeks turned into about 8 months but whos counting??? Finally we went to the studio in Bristol, TN. We got six tracks done so check em out and tell me what ya think. We have three up on our myspace. I did a fill in the song behind this mask that im so proud of. So give em a listen and tell me what ya think (honestly please, I can take CONSTRUCTIVE critisism) and Ill love you forever.
    www.myspace.com/failurefigure

Homeless.

User Info Menu

your guys' music is incredible. wow what kind of set do you have?

User Info Menu

I use a 5 piece Peace Paragon, but in the studio I used there 94' Ludwig. I set the toms up on a pearl double tom stand to the left of the bass drum.
    Thanks though, Im really glad you liked it. It made my day.

Homeless.

User Info Menu

PLease guys Id really like your opinion on this..

Homeless.

User Info Menu

Hi Peacedrummer, very nice work on the drums and the songs are well structured. I really dig the riffs too. Well done
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Cool Failure Figure

So far, I wouldn't say it's a failure ...in this case, bro', the wait was worth it!

"Second Chance"--great slow groove at the start, then you jolt everyone awake...that "hey! hey! hey!" sounds like a pack of mad dogs, but in the context of the song, it's great!

"Behind This Mask"--sounds like you borrowed some of your guitar shredding from the theme music to "King of the Hill," and it fits perfectly...

"Lost at Sea"--sounds like you really are (in a good way--the guitars sound like someone thrashing around in the water for help) ... great break at the end, and those finishing ruffs were right on...

And your drummin' ties it all together...you're drivin' especially hard on "Lost at Sea," but you're kickin' on all three...

Dudes, you rock!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Thanks Guys, We worked really hard on it. IM really glad yoiu liked them. WE have three more. I'll keep ya posted.
    You guys are awesome for taking the time to listen to it.
    THanks

Homeless.

User Info Menu

Cool Failure Figure

You got it--look'n forward to them, PEACE!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Man, your fills freakin rock, plain and simple. How do you break down the fills in Behind This Mask?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Just to add something else, I know it's been a short time since I posted lol, but your band has been the only one in a while that I have sat and genuinely enjoyed just listening to as I update on the web. Nice going again, dude.

User Info Menu

Thanks alot man, Im really glad you enjoyed them. It gives me a good feeling in the stomach hearing that.

Well I dont know about the fill it just happened, but Ill try to break it down.
    I did 16ths on the double bass, and subdiveded the toms in between. SO it cam out 32s... Your compliments have made my day.

Homeless.

User Info Menu

No problem, dude.

Sorry if I'm being irritating with it, I'm just really trying to master these fills, mine sound a little off since I'm self taught lol.
    Is it this type of pattern in 32nds you're doing: KKRLKKRLKKRL...
    Or this type: KKRLRLKKRLRLKKRLRL... that's the one I'm having trouble with.

User Info Menu

Your not irritating me at all man thats why the site is here. Thats the bases of it but I did it a lil different.

KRKLKRKLKRKLKRKL

WHen we first wrote the song I couldnt do the fill. I had it in my head but I couldnt get it.

If you take the double bass out of the equation it helps alot. Try this for a while till you get it fast then that fill will be nothing.
    KRLKRLKRLKRL
    I hope that helped, I suck at explaining stuff

Oh and If I didnt already tell you guys, Im the one doing the back up vocals to.

Homeless.

User Info Menu

My bad, I start on the left hand.

Homeless.

User Info Menu

Thanks, dude, it does help. Keep up the good work.

User Info Menu

No problem, thanks for the compliments.

Homeless.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Failure Figure

Hey guys just wanted to let ya know that we have our full E.P up for download on our myspace. www.myspace.com/failurefigure If ya like it tell me what ya think were going back for a full length in early July.

Homeless.

User Info Menu

Cool, I dig it. I played a lot of hardcore/skate rock in the 80's. Been a big Misfits fan since about 25 years ago!!!
    Hmmm so you played a show w/Michael Graves solo acoustic? That's weird, did he actually play Misfits songs?!?!

User Info Menu

Well we were supposed to open and he didnt show up. Apparently he has a bad habit of it. I dont have a bit of respect for anyone of the misfits. He does play Misfits songs in his acoustic set but only form his era. Hope you liked our tunes thou were going to do a full length this summer.

Homeless.

User Info Menu

Hey guy, sorry, I havent posted in years. Cant beleive I remembered my username and password haha. I've came a long way since Failure Figure. I moved from southern WV to Trenton NJ to join one of my favorite bands. Im new so all the recording are the old drummer, but if you could give us a listen andd maybe a like on the ol facebook that would be great.
    www.facebook.com/TheCryptkeeperFive

Homeless.