Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Favorite Endurance Exercise

User Info Menu

Default Re: Your Favorite Endurance Exercise

Quote Originally Posted by spesman View Post
    Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast.
    Playing the album from start to finish was my daily routine for about 18 months. It used to work pretty well for me for a decent workout.
    Good ol' Clive Burr isn't as casual on the kit as he might sound.
    Give it a go guys!!
    clive OWNS necco wafer!
    MAPEX MAFIA

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by almostmatt1 View Post
    Double stroke roll for 2 minutes, then 4 on each hand for 2 minutes, then 8 on each hand for 2 minutes, then 16 on each hand for two minutes, then single stroke roll for 2 minutes. Then do the same for feet. Hands i do 8'ths around 160, feet closer to 100 or 110. Does wonders for speed, control and endurance, iv found.
    oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh tasty!
    MAPEX MAFIA

User Info Menu

forget "everlong" try black magic by slayer, even if you dont like that type of music, its the only thing ive ever had my forearms cramp-up on.
    there is no reprieve for the right (or dominant) hand
    MAPEX MAFIA

User Info Menu

Swimming.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Add "Aces High" from Powerslave. In fact, bugger it, add the WHOLE Iron Maiden catalogue whilst we're at it....lol.
    Now you're talkin' Drumble. Also, what about "The Ides of March" from Killers?
    Up the Irons man!!!
    Tama Rockstar & Paiste User and Abuser......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Oh yeah!! No matter how hard I try and keep relaxed, I can't keep up, so for my new covers band, I do the hi-hat 16ths at the intro, then switch to eighth's on the hi-hat for the verses, until I can get that kick pattern just right. My hat's off to Grohl and company for coming up with that tune.
    damn straight! its a weird offbeat. at least it is for this amateur.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kyle102565 View Post
    damn straight! its a weird offbeat. at least it is for this amateur.
    Mate, 24 years of playing for this amateur! I don't care what others may say, but I would honestly include this song in any endurance lesson I would teach (most likely gonna be waiting a long time, think I'd be buried in my trap case when I'm dead and gone before this song gets conquered to my own satisfaction). I can see it now....there I am, disturbing everyone at the nursing home wth it....

Patient 1: "Damn, what's that infernal racket?
    Patient 2: (stares at the Letterman Show on the telly screen)
    Patient 3: (drools)
    Patient 1: "I said, what is that infernal racket, coming from over there?" (points down the hallway)
    Patient 2: "Huh? What racket? Are we playing tennis tomorrow?"
    Patient 4: "Oh good! I love tennis!"
    Patient 1: "What? What tennis game? No, no, quit distracting me, Edna!" (mutters and turns back to Patient 2) "Turn yer hearing aid up ya goose....that racket! Dammit.....who called the builders into B Section tonight of all things???"
    Patient 2: "Huh?" (turns up hearing aid and gets an assault of thumps and crashes blasting through his ear) "Oh that? Oh it's Drumbledore trying to nail that song..what was it he said he was learning? "Ever....ever something or the other". He's been practicing hard. He's almost getting it."
    Patient 1: "Dammit, when is he going to stop?"
    Patient 2: (looking at Patient 3 drooling) "What, ol' Parker here?"
    Patient 1: "No you damn fool, Drumbledore, Drumbledore! When's he going to stop?"
    Patient 2: "Hasn't stopped since 2011. It's now 2200 according to that damn 24 hour digital clock thingie."

BIG MOMENT OF SILENCE
    Patient 1: "Well what happened there? Must have had a heart attack. Pfft, not surprised at his age. Still thinking he's a teenager, hey?"
    Patient 2: "Teenager? Huh? what teenager? Damn well have no respect for us old folk, that's what!"
    Patient 3: (Drools)
    Nurse: "No Mr Jones, I'm afraid it wasn't a heart attack, much to your disappointment, it was arthritis."
    Patient 4: "Arthur Wrights?? Is he a patient here? Why did he go to Mr Drumbledore's room then? Probably wanted a lesson or something."
    Nurse: "No, no, arthritis....arthritis!! We found him with his hands frozen around his sticks."
    Last edited by Drumbledore; 08-10-2011 at 11:38 PM.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

OH Drumbledore that totally made my day .. thank you very much.
    We Have nothing to fear but Reefs and Pirates

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living

User Info Menu

Its scary to think Taylor Hawkins (He didn't record the song, but plays it VERY similar live) has a technique issue that he uses too much arm and not a lot of wrist.. but that doesn't at all stop him from playing it great live.

I'm getting closer and closer to playing it at full speed, I just need to keep at it so I can get the fills to sound cleaner. Once you get the endurance to get up to the first chorus the rest of it isn't very hard.

User Info Menu

I play this, hahaha. God I miss Zac.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQW-CEQHXaw"]Let the Flames Begin - Paramore Live in 2010 - YouTube[/ame]
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

User Info Menu

Endurance eh? Play anything (that isn't slow) by Slayer for an hour or two straight. 200-300bpm constant 8ths on the right, change hands to open-handed to train the left.

It will kill you, but that is extremely intensive and will drastically improve your endurance if you push yourself.

P.S. Lombardo is an absolute monster.
    Last edited by TheBluePill; 08-12-2011 at 01:34 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Toad View Post

OH Drumbledore that totally made my day .. thank you very much.
    No worries. I needed a laugh too that day. I seem to write stuff on a whim sometimes. Never get me to SMS, sometimes I need a Long Message Service sometimes, lol.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Any of the first four Ramones albums.
    A repo man spends his life getting into tense situations.

Premier Cabria Jazz: 10/12/14/20
    Mapex Dillinger Snare
    Sabian:
    AA 14" Regular Hats
    AAX 18" X-Plosion Crash
    AAX 20" Studio Ride
    HHX 18" X-Plosion Crash
    Paragon 19" Chinese
    Evans
    Vater Stewart Copeland Drumsticks