Thread: Radar Love

User Info Menu

Default Radar Love

Ok, someone help me out...I'm trying to figure out the drum solo in "Radar Love". All I can find online are drum tabs which I can't read. Anyone have a drum score for it or a personal chart? That solo makes me wet my pants everytime I hear it...really, I just listened to it and am drenched. Cmon, help me out here...
    PDP 5 piece - 12/13/16/14/22
    16" Sabian AA Medium Thin Crash
    14" No-Name Hats
    21" TRX LTD Crash/Ride
    19" Zildjian A Custom Projection Crash

User Info Menu

Default Re: Radar Love

I've wanted to cover this song for 15 years. No one in any band I've ever been in agrees with me. Idiots.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    i've wanted to cover this song for 15 years. No one in any band i've ever been in agrees with me. Idiots.
    +1!

User Info Menu

This in-concert video tired me out just watching. Holy crap! (Solo begins about 4:12) Keep watching after the jacket.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYtI3j52Nnw"]‪GOLDEN EARRING "Radar Love incl.Drumsolo" 1984‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
    Drumming since 1965 and still going!
    Max Weinberg - "More than any other drummer, Ringo Starr changed my life.
    The impact and memory of that band on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 will never leave me."

"Sometimes you'd come up against a brick wall... or sometimes you go into a fill and you'd know halfway through it was going to be disastrous."
    John Bonham

www.willieandtheblueshounds.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff5550 View Post
    This in-concert video tired me out just watching. Holy crap! (Solo begins about 4:12) Keep watching after the jacket.
    ‪GOLDEN EARRING "Radar Love incl.Drumsolo" 1984‬‏ - YouTube
    Double neck bass guitar! Wow.

User Info Menu

This version is pretty good as well, with drum solo. You could always improvise and make it your own.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0d9wvyhtFk"]‪White Lion - Radar Love‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

User Info Menu

I've wanted to cover this song for 15 years. No one in any band I've ever been in agrees with me. Idiots.
    Did you say cover?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Did you say cover?
    You heard me!

User Info Menu

Dood,

Local bands have trouble getting gigs here too...part of why I despise cover bands.

You know I'm just messing with you.
    Last edited by inthpktplayer; 08-09-2011 at 04:04 PM.

User Info Menu

I never tried using tabs for anything but guitar. Further, you are usually relying on someone else to do the work and be accurate, as well.

My recommendation, listen to the song until you can hear it in memory. Then listen to it some more. I've learned all my songs by ear and memory.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stuperprohero View Post
    This version is pretty good as well, with drum solo. You could always improvise and make it your own.

‪White Lion - Radar Love‬‏ - YouTube
    Outstanding version.

User Info Menu

Dood,

Local bands have trouble getting gigs here too...part of why I despise cover bands.

That's because you live in a "State of Confusion".
    Drumming since 1965 and still going!
    Max Weinberg - "More than any other drummer, Ringo Starr changed my life.
    The impact and memory of that band on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 will never leave me."

"Sometimes you'd come up against a brick wall... or sometimes you go into a fill and you'd know halfway through it was going to be disastrous."
    John Bonham

www.willieandtheblueshounds.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bish View Post
    my recommendation, listen to the song until you can hear it in memory. Then listen to it some more. I've learned all my songs by ear and memory.
    +1
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

+1 what Bish said. Always worked for me. When people talk about deadening there toms I always use that song as a example of great recorded toms.
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

+1000% Marko on the "idiots". The world is overrun by beige people nowadays.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

I agree with Bish listen to it over and over and over till it sinks in. He did not exactly say that but you know what I mean. LOL

User Info Menu

Dood,

If a band plays stuff people want to hear, cover or original they will get gigs.

User Info Menu

my weird style of drumming i find Radar Love easy to play. i have this stupid right hand that makes the snare beat feel natural. lucky me! too bad i still miss the "and" between 2 and 3
    for the life of me i cant fix it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    If a band plays stuff people want to hear, cover or original they will get gigs.
    X 10. Wiser words have not been spoken.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Last night I went over to my instructors house (who I haven't seen for 3 months due to financial woes) and we were kicking around some beats and I mentioned "Radar Love' to him. He pulled it up on youtube and put it over his surround, listened to the solo a couple of times and then gave me the basic beat for it. After seeing/hearing him play it, I think my big problem was just that I was overthinking it. It actually isn't very complicated - not that I have by any means mastered it, but at least it's workable for me now.
    PDP 5 piece - 12/13/16/14/22
    16" Sabian AA Medium Thin Crash
    14" No-Name Hats
    21" TRX LTD Crash/Ride
    19" Zildjian A Custom Projection Crash

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dagon2000 View Post
    Last night I went over to my instructors house (who I haven't seen for 3 months due to financial woes) and we were kicking around some beats and I mentioned "Radar Love' to him. He pulled it up on youtube and put it over his surround, listened to the solo a couple of times and then gave me the basic beat for it. After seeing/hearing him play it, I think my big problem was just that I was overthinking it. It actually isn't very complicated - not that I have by any means mastered it, but at least it's workable for me now.
    Nice move! I jammed it yesterday as well.