Thread: Drum Notation Program?

User Info Menu

Default Drum Notation Program?

I want to find a computer program that will allow me to type and print out drum notation / music.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Notation Program?

I found one on-line. Cakewalk Score Writer. Does anyone have any experience with any of these type of programs?

I'm looking for recommendations for a user friendly version.

Thanks

User Info Menu

I HIGHLY recommened Sibelius. It's pretty much the best notation program out there. Very user friendly. You should try it out, see if you like it. The cheapest version is Sibelius 6 Student - $99. Totally worth it, though.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

There's a free downloadable program called MuseScore which works quite nicely. If you can afford it, however, Sibelius is about as professional as you can get and is great.
    "Guys, if you wanted Superman for this gig, you should have hired Superman. Instead, you got Batman." - Donny Gruendler

"You always think you have more problems than you actually have." - Dave Elitch

Instagram: @bringerofthud
    Twitter:@davetilove

User Info Menu

I just use Guitar Pro 6 (Only because my friend already had it, so I was used to it by the time I bought it) you can write any instrument, and once you get used to it, you'll be writing drum scores pretty fast.
    5 Piece Pearl kit 12" 13" 16" toms, 14" snare.
    16" Sabian XS20 Rock Crash
    20" Sabian XS20 Medium Ride
    14" Sabian AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats
    18" Sabian AAX-Plosion Crash
    19" Sabian AAX-Treme Chinese - pending
    Pearl Power Stroke Eliminator X Double kick pedal
    "The things that are worth knowing, cannot be taught." -Oscar Wilde
    "If you think you can or you think you can't, either way, you're right!." -Henry Ford

User Info Menu

I use Finale Print Music. It's just what I learned on many years ago and what I'm used to. I'm sure there could be something better.

Tan

User Info Menu

Muse Score is free which is great but it's not super user friendly. Not to say don't get it--it puts out a terrific looking score (I've used it to combine classical scores) but be prepared to spend a lot of time learning and messing with it.