Thread: Jeff Ocheltree Carbon Steel Snare

User Info Menu

Default Jeff Ocheltree Carbon Steel Snare

Wuzzup ya'll? Newbie here. i'm about to purchase a new snare and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on what i should get around the $500 price range.

Also someone told me about the Jeff Ocheltree Heavy Metal Carbon Steel Snare Drum. does anyone know anything about that snare?

User Info Menu

is the ocheltree under 500? i have seen the snare but havnt heard it. i wouldnt buy anything without hearing it, but if it has ocheltrees name on it then it will be a beautiful instrument.

User Info Menu

Hey DarkSoldier! Welcome! I am not here too long myself!

That snare drum sounds really nice, really versatile. It is great value for the money! a friend of mine has one and he said there is a niggling problem with the snare switch, I think it was something to do with the switch coming loose when he played it??

Thing is though, he has connections with a man BIG into his drums, and he tried a Tama Praetorian Snare and said it was tottally crap compared to his snare (which came with a Sonor Force 507 combo set....). and that entire tama snare series cost more than most kits do.

As my man funky said, try it before you buy it, that's the only way to know really
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

It is under $500. i've actually seen it as low as $350. I am actually planning on tryin it really soon. I would never buy anything without tryin it first. Ocheltree makes some really great drums. My proof for that is with my favorite drummer, Danny Carey.

User Info Menu

Ludwig Colleseum 14x8 snare...in any finish exotic..or naturul..14x8 is just amazing.