Thread: Internal snare mufflers

grasslander Guest

Question Internal snare mufflers

Hi Guys, maybe someone can help me out here, and I can return the favor one day I need two, really, really good, strong, internal snare mufflers. And please don't anyone go into all the new ways to muffle a snare - I just built my kit, and the holes are there, so I want to use them! I'm a heavy hitter and a metal player, and the mufflers I had just bent away from the head within one practice session; Ludwig used to put a good one on their base model Acrolite, and I had one, but things do break I know Gibraltar makes a heavier one, has anyone used it? I'd sure appreciate it if someone had a couple, or knew where I could get them; I'll be happy to pay for them, just not this month, unfortunately! Thanks everyone!

User Info Menu

I have only ever played a kit once with internal muffling, and i hated it!! I absolutely hated it, I think that they were Pearl internal mufflers if they do them??

I dont use them so i shouldn't really comment. Im sure you will find other people with much better knowledge of where to get good ones! Good Luck!
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

grasslander Guest

Thanks rjf1986 The Pearl aftermarket mufflers I've had were really terrible, not up to their standard at all, you may have heard these exact ones, not too great, are they? I don't use muffling on anything but my snare(save for my bass head protector).

User Info Menu

why internal mufflers though? Why not moongels or something? Also is this for the kick or the whole kit or just the snare?
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?