Thread: need help

User Info Menu

Default need help

I bought a used drumset for 250 and have got some pinstripes on it and remo plastic tuning circles on it, the whole set sounds incredible except they had some economy cymbals. the hi hats dont sound that bad but they are 13's and just suck and the crash is i think 16 and you hit it and it just makes a strange deep vibrating noise for about 5 minutes.I NEED NEW CYMBALS! I want 14 inch cymbals, 2 crashes, and a ride

They need to be:
    Cast
    not too expensive
    Ive been looking at cymbals packs, but i dont know what to get. Ive been looking at B8 pro rock cymbal pack, they come with a free 18inch crash but i dont know if they are any good at all.

Please give me your opinion on those and if there are any good cymbal sets out there.

grasslander Guest

Hi Coke Can! B8s? I wouldn't be afraid of them! I'm playing Sabian Metal-Xs right now(the last time I'll afford those), and I wouldn't be afraid of any Sabian cymbal; I haven't heard the B8s, but I know Sabian as a maker of good cymbals at not so ridiculous prices Just to show you I'm being objective here, I just finished recommending the Zildjian sheet bronze cymbals that Drummina is looking at to her(which I HAVE played myself), and I was a fanatic Paiste player before I played Sabians There is a much cheaper cymbal called "Camber", I think they're made in Canada; I don't know anything about them, but you could look them up online. I hope this helps you out

User Info Menu

well im not talking like $100 cheap im thinking around 300-400 dollars that are good. any help?

User Info Menu

Hmmm, you could go for some thing way better than B8's for 300-400 bucks. If you're talking individual pieces and not whole cymbal packs, I'd like to take this chance to endorse Paiste products, my fave lol.
    Paiste 2002's are an excellent choice for between that amount, hi-hats, crashes, and all.
    Personally, I think you could go way way beter than Sabian with that kind of budget. Welcome

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

i was able to get one of the Zildjian A custom Holiday packs for 550..which is 100 dollars cheaper than every place else..idk if there are any left on ebay...but A customs are nice..otherwise your gonna have to go with sheet..not cast if u want zildjians. Maybe try paiste alphas.

User Info Menu

ya that sounds great and all but i need a whole pack-im talking 14 inch hi hats, 16 & 18 crash and a 20-22 inch ride for about 400 dollars or less so i was looking at the b8pro rock pack which comes with a free 18 crash, but if you guys think thats a bad idea, then give me some suggestions, or tell me how the b8pros are

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can
    They need to be:
    Cast
    not too expensive
    Sabian XS20, theres, problems solved

XS20 is a casted B20 cymbal, but its definatly a budget cymbal, it sounds 10x better than any line lower than it, and its made like any other higher end cymbal, minus a few points of real like fine touched hammering, its still a good budget cymbal

User Info Menu

Default sabian xs20

i thought xs20 was sheet? is there any one else who can back this up. and if so do the xs20s sound any good?

User Info Menu

B8's are crap..go for paiste alphas

User Info Menu

how much would a set of 14 hats 16 and 18 crash and 20 or 22 ride cost all together for alphas?

User Info Menu

Well I am pretty sure I sent Drummina in the right direction, so again I highly suggest Wuhan S series, you get a set of 14" hats, 20 Ride, and 16" crash for only $150, these sound incredible, so there is my suggestion.

User Info Menu

i thought xs20 was sheet? is there any one else who can back this up. and if so do the xs20s sound any good?

Nope, their cast

And the paiste alphas arnt a bad choice either, i think to buy seperate the alpha pack your running like 520$ or so, or you can buy a pack, settle for a 20 ride instead of the 22 and get a free splash for 500 from guitar center

The 14/16/20 XS20 pack is like 400$ too

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz
    Nope, their cast

And the paiste alphas arnt a bad choice either, i think to buy seperate the alpha pack your running like 520$ or so, or you can buy a pack, settle for a 20 ride instead of the 22 and get a free splash for 500 from guitar center

The 14/16/20 XS20 pack is like 400$ too
    I can vouch for Paiste Alphas, they sound too good for their price, really nice cymbals those!
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

what if i got aax hi hats a 16 aaxplosion crash an 18 aaxplosion crash and a 20 inch ride for 500? is that a good deal?

User Info Menu

thats what im gonna get.

User Info Menu

Great deal

User Info Menu

what if i got aax hi hats a 16 aaxplosion crash an 18 aaxplosion crash and a 20 inch ride for 500? is that a good deal?
    that is the pack ol' lafrin is looking at. got to be the best deal iv'e ever seen on a pro pack with 2 crashes.

User Info Menu

I'm not really in this thread but I just had to comment on your user name. It rocks! lol - What'd ya do, look down at the table, see a coke can and go, "That's it, my user name will be Coke Can!"? lol..

Anyway... welcome to Drum Chat! Kick off your shoes and stay awhile.

User Info Menu

im not gonna lie, that is exactly what i did, there was a coke can next to me and i was like oh whatever coke can

User Info Menu

im not gonna lie, that is exactly what i did, there was a coke can next to me and i was like oh whatever coke can
    thats the coolest thing i have ever heard