Thread: Flix Sticks

User Info Menu

Default Flix Sticks

Anyone ever used the Flix Multi Rods ( they are nylon I think ).

I sometimes like to warm up / play with multi rods - ( if I practise daily it's cool to play with these to keep the neighbours a bit happier ) or I at least play for an hour with these and then switch to sticks for an hour or so , however the typical wooden multi rod lasts about an hour before it starts to split and break and slice etc.....and that SUKS!

Anyone had any long term experience with these Flix Sticks http://www.bigbangdist.com/flix.htm

I figure the Nylon rods MUST last better than the wood ??
    Anyone?

Wotto
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

Well the Nylon is a fibre, so I would guess that they would last longer too! I have bought 3 pairs of multi rods, and never again will i buy a pair, they're CRAP!! I will just use the sides of my fingers next time, and fight through the pain.
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rjf1986
    I have bought 3 pairs of multi rods, and never again will i buy a pair, they're CRAP!!
    Oh- dont get me wrong, I would never use them for good sound as they do sound 'ordinary' but I find they are good for warming up and running through practise excersises if I am trying to learns some new grooves.

They at least provide a little weight and bounce and I get really concerned for my neighbours if I am practising using sticks as it must just sound so bloody loud and monotonous.

The less I can do to P*SS them off the better!!

' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

i use multi rods all the time, never that brand tho, always hot rods. i dont use them for practice, i use them for different sounds and dynamics on live gigs. if you try to use them like regular stick they will break quickly. i have had my last pair for over a year and use em every day.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    i use multi rods all the time, never that brand tho, always hot rods. i dont use them for practice, i use them for different sounds and dynamics on live gigs. if you try to use them like regular stick they will break quickly. i have had my last pair for over a year and use em every day.
    Yeah, I've found that too. There was a time when all I used was rods - it was great, when sing sticks later I had better control of the angle I was hitting with and how hard I was playing.

Of cousre - what about thos Flex Tips they had at the bottom of the page? Combining multi-rods with a nylon tip as found on a normal stick would give it an extra dynamic too I would think - very similar to a regular stick.

As to the original question - I would guess nylon would be more durable than wood, so you should be able to expect them to last a while - but you coud use wood for a decent length of time if you just got used to using them and how to hit with them too.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?