Thread: the tone of zildjian and sabian

User Info Menu

Default the tone of zildjian and sabian

whats the higher tone in these 2 brands do you think?

User Info Menu

How do you mean exactly? What model is high pitched? I think the Zildjian A Customs are very nice, very high, cut through the music just enough without being painful to listen to!

Zildjian A Customs are VERY popular!
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

zildjian and sabian are from the same roots..but zildjian is still the the historical company name that was used..i dont see how one is any better than the other.

User Info Menu

they both have models that produce bright tones like the AAX's, AA's and zildjian has A's and A custom's
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

well said

User Info Menu

cool, well seems to on the websites, the Sabians are brighter then the Zildjians (not saying Sabian is better) but its just what I here.

User Info Menu

website sounds nothing like the real cymbal..trust me..cuz i used to go by the site sound clips..just find a local drum shop..and go bang on some and find one u like..then look for some good deals online..

User Info Menu

hmmm interesting...

User Info Menu

the sound samples can have alot of variables. mics used, eq, stick weight and kind of tips...ect.

User Info Menu

very true funky..

User Info Menu

Default Re: the tone of zildjian and sabian

Quote Originally Posted by rjf1986 View Post
    How do you mean exactly? What model is high pitched? I think the Zildjian A Customs are very nice, very high, cut through the music just enough without being painful to listen to!

Zildjian A Customs are VERY popular!
    A customs are great