Thread: Pearl Eliminator HH Cable System

User Info Menu

Default Pearl Eliminator HH Cable System

OK - I know some guys out there bag Cable Hi Hat systems but I just installed the Pearl Eliminator and moved my hats to the right side of my kit and I have to say that it is REALLY REALLY REALLY good. I have ZERO lag in the system, and even if it does get loose over time I dont see the cost of a replacement cable as a huge problem.

I have never been truly comfortable with the right hand over the left ( I know that 95% play that way and I dont know why I dont like it ) but this HH move to the right has instantly helped me to 'open up' and feel a lot looser around the kit. I will be keeping my old hats on the left side on a static holder for fast 16ths and 32's but thats all I plan to use them for.

Anyway......anyone considering a cable system should at the very least check this out in your local drum store - EXPENSIVE but pretty cool.

Wotto
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

i am wanting the dw9000 remote pedal. possibly 2 of em,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wotto
    OK - I know some guys out there bag Cable Hi Hat systems but I just installed the Pearl Eliminator and moved my hats to the right side of my kit and I have to say that it is REALLY REALLY REALLY good. I have ZERO lag in the system, and even if it does get loose over time I dont see the cost of a replacement cable as a huge problem.

I have never been truly comfortable with the right hand over the left ( I know that 95% play that way and I dont know why I dont like it ) but this HH move to the right has instantly helped me to 'open up' and feel a lot looser around the kit. I will be keeping my old hats on the left side on a static holder for fast 16ths and 32's but thats all I plan to use them for.

Anyway......anyone considering a cable system should at the very least check this out in your local drum store - EXPENSIVE but pretty cool.

Wotto
    The only thing with doing that, how are you going to open and close your hats now? Youve gotta play with them closed at all times, unless your good enough to sneak your main bass foot under the floor tom and close it

User Info Menu

he doesnt have to keep them closed. he is speaking of a remote/cable operated hi hat stand....
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...and?sku=448699

User Info Menu

Ohhh, how does that work? You keep the hi-hat pedal in the same place and just clamp on the actual piece to something like a stand or a rim?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz
    Ohhh, how does that work? You keep the hi-hat pedal in the same place and just clamp on the actual piece to something like a stand or a rim?
    Correct - I will throw a photo up here for ya one day when I get my 2nd hats set up so you can see how it all works
    ' Up the Irons '