Thread: DTXpress IV Issues & Snare Problems

User Info Menu

Default DTXpress IV Issues & Snare Problems

Hi,

I've recently bought a used DTXpress IV kit used, and have throughly enjoyed it. However, recently the snare trigger pad has been acting up, and I'm not sure if its a hardware problem or in the module. Generally after, a couple minutes the snare (not only on a certain kit) will act as if I snapped the snare off on an acoustic, just sounds like a tom. I will then immediately change the kit and change it back, and it will be perfectly fine. ANY THOUGHTS?

Also, I've seen videos of DTXpress IV's on youtube, and I've seen that you can mute the cymbals, but I don't seem to be able to on mine. Also, my two crash cymbals do not appear to be three zone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated for this drummer just getting back into the game.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Default Re: DTXpress IV Issues & Snare Problems

ok the little red knob on your snare on most kits acts as a throw. so try twisting it back and forth when your sound changes before changing kits. could be a short or something in this knob.

look on the bottom of your cymbals and what model number are they. pcy 130 and pcy 65 are both single zone pretty much everything else is multi zone, chokeable or both.

do you have your cymbals connected to the brain with stereo cords

thats all I can think of hope its helpfull
    We Have nothing to fear but Reefs and Pirates

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living