Thread: The mking of a drum head (VIDEO!!!)

User Info Menu

Default The mking of a drum head (VIDEO!!!)

just thought id share this sweet video on how Evans makes their heads..if u haven't already seen it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Do12BG2vbEw

User Info Menu

That's pretty cool. I've always wanted to see that show do something drum related but never knew they already had.

User Info Menu

Man, that was cool - good find MI

So does that mean with a bit of inginuety you could make your own heads out of empty coke bottles?
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

i suppose..but how would u make the hoop?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice
    i suppose..but how would u make the hoop?
    Maybe with the caps - or better yet - coke cans.

User Info Menu

thatd be sweet..if u had like a home made kit out of plastic piping..or like an entire kit from recyclables

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice
    thatd be sweet..if u had like a home made kit out of plastic piping..or like an entire kit from recyclables
    I reckon you could do it - although the headaches and that involved would probably make it less worthwhile that just buying a kit - but oh well - reminds me of Danny Carey - he has a kit made enitrely out of recycled Paiste cymbals - looks brilliant.

It's the kit he used for their Lateralus tour - and I am pretty sure he used it for the 10 000 days tour aswell - hard to find a proper picutre of it though