Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Pretty cool video, Rich. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    <<< Anyone else thoroughly annoyed with YouTube crap like this?

See text inside quote
    Signature here

User Info Menu

See text inside quote
    Getting fed up not only with YouTube, but, Twitter, Facebook, ReverbNation, BandMix....................

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Getting fed up not only with YouTube, but, Twitter, Facebook, ReverbNation, BandMix....................
    Concur. We should all just stay here.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Are you looking for this?

User Info Menu

Got to see him live last year at R40. I will never forget that evening. Even an entire football field and a half away from me, and the whole show was phenominal.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    I saw a picture in the beyond the lighted stage documentary of a double bass setup he was using. If I remember correctly they were two little 18's. They look exactly like those rogers but I'm not positive because the pic was in black and white. It wasn't the chromey kit. Man look how high his hats were!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I picked up the Time Stands Still DVD a couple weeks ago. A must have for any Rush fan. Some very cool footage in this. Bonus footage is about an hour of the Presto tour, Neil was playing a Black Ludwig kit I believe.

I didn't realize the pain Neil experienced during this last tour. Now I understand why he's calling it quits as far a major tours go. Some real good insight in this movie. Loved it.

User Info Menu

Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Man, I never knew about J.R. Flood band. So, he was already playing like that. That makes his involvement in Rush make more sense.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Hmmm, the JR Flood offering wasn't that great overall as a band offering, IMHO. I don't think Neil would have gained his popularity with just that band.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

have you seen some of the ridiculous prices on the Peart snares for sale online?! OMG...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    have you seen some of the ridiculous prices on the Peart snares for sale online?! OMG...
    No, but I haven't been shopping. I hope it's not price gouging just because.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    No, but I haven't been shopping. I hope it's not price gouging just because.
    I don’t know what they were going for before but they’re running for approx. 4G. I’ll pass.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 04-09-2020 at 03:44 AM.

User Info Menu

Chops tribute to Neil Peart!

User Info Menu

A little over a year since his passing. I've spent the year listening to , analyzing , studying , dissecting all Rush's music and Neil's playing. The man was an incredible drummer and Rush was a great band. There will never be another drummer or band like them.

User Info Menu

hahahaha just saw that video from Olimpass with the little puppet drummer lol Since I just did a cover of that song that cracked me up!!

User Info Menu

I don’t know what they were going for before but they’re running for approx. 4G. I’ll pass.
    Now I'm a huge NP fan as you know. My wife bought me a NP 30th Anniversary signature DW Edge snare in 2005. Fantastic looking snare , however I just didn't like the sound and when she told me what she paid for it there was just no way I was going to keep it , it was $1,125.00 I traded it in at The Drum Shop where she bought it for a used Ludwig Classic Maple kit consisting of 26x16 kick , 13x9 rack tom 16x16 and 18x16 floor toms.

Back then I just couldn't see spending that much on one drum , I do wish I had it now though , I'd put it in a display case and show it off.

You can see the snare in this pic of my Premier kit. I used the snare for about a month but I just couldn't get it to sound they way I wanted.

.R behind G by Joe D, on Flickr

R above G no sun by Joe D, on Flickr

And here are the Ludwig drums I traded the snare for:
    IMG_1064 by Joe D, on Flickr
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 03-08-2021 at 04:12 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Now I'm a huge NP fan as you know. My wife bought me a NP 30th Anniversary signature DW Edge snare in 2005. Fantastic looking snare , however I just didn't like the sound and when she told me what she paid for it there was just no way I was going to keep it , it was $1,125.00 I traded it in at The Drum Shop where she bought it for a used Ludwig Classic Maple kit consisting of 26x16 kick , 13x9 rack tom 16x16 and 18x16 floor toms.

Back then I just couldn't see spending that much on one drum , I do wish I had it now though , I'd put it in a display case and show it off.

You can see the snare in this pic of my Premier kit. I used the snare for about a month but I just couldn't get it to sound they way I wanted.

.R behind G by Joe D, on Flickr

R above G no sun by Joe D, on Flickr

And here are the Ludwig drums I traded the snare for:
    IMG_1064 by Joe D, on Flickr
    It’s a shame you couldn’t get the sound you wanted from that snare drum. I guess it’s better to have drums to play than one for display.