Thread: Jim Riley

Larrysperf Guest

Default Jim Riley

Jim Riley

Drummer: Jim Riley
    Main Style: Country Rock
    Main Band: Rascal Flatts
    Brief Summary: Was the original drummer and started Rascal Flatts. He is a busy session drummer and teaches. His school is called The Drum Dojo. Also like to add he is the most down to eath drummer out there.

Other Facts: Plays Ludwig drums.
    Last edited by Larrysperf; 08-30-2011 at 12:23 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Jim Riley

Larry very deserving nomination!

Took my daughter to Nashville for a long weekend the end of March. There to check out Vanderbilt University. She is no country Music fan and I am one of those that have wandered in and out of it over the years. But had to get tickets to the Grand Ole Opry while there and Rascal Flatts was playing. I wasn't big on the vocals but man the band was awesome and there was no doubt which musician was driving that Band. And they even had him stuck in the main back up bands back ground using the Common use drums that all the bands had to use. This guys was simply amazing and so powerful in both his strokes and his musicality. As soon as I got home I looked him up and saw his name is Jim Riley. If you haven't heard of him before check him out on you tube. This guys is fantastic, he puts himself out there, seems very approachable and he is a teacher to boot.

Jim's Youtube Chanel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/maxandpunk

He gives a tour of his instructional set up on one of his videos too. Couldn't believe he only has 80 subscribers but I am now one and a new big fan too.

I listened to some of Rascal Flatts Youtube stuff, doesn't do the band justice, they just blew the doors off live.

The daughter I enjoyed most of the Show, especially these guys:
    The Henningsens- Great sound together, one of our favorites
    Will Hogue- Country's Springsteen, great edge to his voice
    Craig Morgan- Good Ole male country tenor
    Rascal Flatts- Fantastc Band and Drummer
    Last edited by gatlin5; 04-10-2013 at 10:32 AM.
    Joe