Thread: britain's got talent

User Info Menu

Default britain's got talent

I don't know if anyone here is from britian, or has seen the clips on youtube - but WOW. I mean seriosuly, I watched bits of America's got talent and I also watched the AUstralia's got talent they did, and this britina's got talent has heaps of betetr people on it. Head over to you tube and especially watch Conny and the guy who sings oepra - they are amazing - but there are heaps on there that just blew me away eprosnally.

Based on this show by comparison - Britain seems more talented than the US or Australia - makes me wonder then why so much of the music and tv shows and movies that come out of britain i don't think are that great..... Als, where are these singers when they do the Idol shows? anyway.... just wanted to put that out there
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Conny from the Sound of Music?
    Yeah, I don't like that musical but my little siblings do. Our parents carted us off to London to go watch it for them and I have to say I actually enjoyed it, she fit the role perfectly.

And about this talent thing - in Britain, for every Conny or guy who sings opera ( ) we have to go through 10 Jane Goody's and other stupid 'celebrities'...dunno what it's like in America or Australia. We have so much reality cack nowadays and it brings in such a crowd that we're discovering more and more people. Hopefully they keep on doing these Pop Idol things; even if it's just a desperate cash in, there's still the chance they'll find someone out there that's actually, well, good.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    I don't know if anyone here is from britian, or has seen the clips on youtube - but WOW. I mean seriosuly, I watched bits of America's got talent and I also watched the AUstralia's got talent they did, and this britina's got talent has heaps of betetr people on it. Head over to you tube and especially watch Conny and the guy who sings oepra - they are amazing - but there are heaps on there that just blew me away eprosnally.

Based on this show by comparison - Britain seems more talented than the US or Australia - makes me wonder then why so much of the music and tv shows and movies that come out of britain i don't think are that great..... Als, where are these singers when they do the Idol shows? anyway.... just wanted to put that out there
    It's not that Britain has more talent, it's that the US has more jackasses that will get up in front of millions of people and won't care that they totally suck..... LOL

User Info Menu

my all time fav was the first season finger snapping greesball guy in the pollyester suite. i challenge anyone here to snap your fingers perfectly to wipeput.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    It's not that Britain has more talent, it's that the US has more jackasses that will get up in front of millions of people and won't care that they totally suck..... LOL
    Actualy yeah - that could be a point too - lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog
    Conny from the Sound of Music?
    Yeah, I don't like that musical but my little siblings do. Our parents carted us off to London to go watch it for them and I have to say I actually enjoyed it, she fit the role perfectly.

And about this talent thing - in Britain, for every Conny or guy who sings opera ( ) we have to go through 10 Jane Goody's and other stupid 'celebrities'...dunno what it's like in America or Australia. We have so much reality cack nowadays and it brings in such a crowd that we're discovering more and more people. Hopefully they keep on doing these Pop Idol things; even if it's just a desperate cash in, there's still the chance they'll find someone out there that's actually, well, good.
    Is Cony a pro is she? at 6? Damn - I tell you now, most 6 year olds are no where near that pitch perfect - hell most adults are no where near that pitch perfect.

One guy that I also really like was Tony(?) - his brother had died and he was raising his kids - he was good too. Even without the sob story behind it he was a talented guy, definately better than half the crap that wins the Idol shows. And that kid Domonic - 14 years old and he had just great control over his entire range - singing Unchained Melody without any music or anything. The US version I think it was the little girl that won (she was 10 I think?) and our version in Australia was won by a kid too (12 if I remember right) - probably be the same with the UK version.

I also like the guy with the monkey puppet - that was just funny.

User Info Menu

Sorry folks, this whole thing takes me back to the Gong Show! Wasn't good then, and I MUST have better things to do now! You just have to sit through too may bad ones to get one good one.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    Sorry folks, this whole thing takes me back to the Gong Show! Wasn't good then, and I MUST have better things to do now! You just have to sit through too may bad ones to get one good one.
    that was my first thought when i saw it.

User Info Menu

I wonder how many are wondering, "What's the Gong Show?"
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Cool britain's got talent

Well now...Britain's a tad smaller than the U. S....Australia's got fewer people...so-o-o-o-o-o...

Do the math...we have quite a few more people who are willing to make complete fools of themselves on TV...such as the guy who roiled around like a dryer vent tube gone berserk...or the Elvis imitator who got buzzed off before he opened his mouth (the dude rather looked like Elvis circa 1976)...

We Yanks virtually invented reality TV, so it comes as no surprise!

(Worst of all, there has not been a single bucket-banger, much less a drummer!)

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    Well now...Britain's a tad smaller than the U. S....Australia's got fewer people...so-o-o-o-o-o...

Do the math...we have quite a few more people who are willing to make complete fools of themselves on TV...such as the guy who roiled around like a dryer vent tube gone berserk...or the Elvis imitator who got buzzed off before he opened his mouth (the dude rather looked like Elvis circa 1976)...

We Yanks virtually invented reality TV, so it comes as no surprise!

(Worst of all, there has not been a single bucket-banger, much less a drummer!)

Well two things - From the way I remember it majority of these types of "reality" tv shows start in the UK - the get onto America then eveyrone else - maybe wrong, I don't know. Second, there wasa "drummer" on Britains got talent - although, he wasn't that impressive - I think he thought he was better than he was - nothing wrong with him, just nothing special either. Name was Conner.

PB - You can go to youtube and just look a the Good ones, that way you can skip the bad ones. Trust me - go chekc out these ones (for those who are too lazy to look for themselves)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En0A8KGMgq8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0XjsEtrLJg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqRd_4wY8hs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47G5pejQ9Nk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r67tYdGcaeA

That's a few anyway - cream of the crop so to speak - the monkey dude is just plain funny.

User Info Menu

Cool britain's got talent...

oops! If this was "The Weakest Link," Anne Robinson would have just told me "G'bye!"

Will check out the links, crazyman!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I stand corrected! CMWP, you've converted me. Amazing talent! Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    I stand corrected! CMWP, you've converted me. Amazing talent! Thanks.
    See youtube is great for that! Get's rid of all the boring stuff and shares it with the world. They are most definately amazing - i was blown away by each of those singers. I think the one i'd like to see win it the most is Tony, but i think it will be Conny - she's too cute not to win. Unless she stuffs her next performance.

Actually now that I think about it - that would probably help her. Everyone would feel sorry for her and vote out of sympathy then.