Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: The Church Drummers Thread

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Church Drummers Thread

Play at my church 3x per week. Much slower now due to this virus, but I absolutely love it. We have a great team of musicians at our church.

My band Crutchfield is a Christian band as well. Absolutely love it!

User Info Menu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSRe...tA59iIvrux_dFQ

Here is a video of last Sunday's outside church service. Those are my drums and cymbals (except the 16 inch crash). My son is the bass player. Let me know what you think. Peace and goodwill. Oh yeah, the music starts at about 2:35.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

I guess I have been very lucky / blessed. I have never been asked to play to a click or play behind any type of screen. I have gotten way more compliments than complaints. I have played at three different churches for almost thirty years. I have played hundreds of praise and worship songs. That is all I want to play now. I am the only one concerned with my volume. The toms have single ply heads, and the crash cymbals are all very thin. I also went to smaller sticks. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

https://fb.watch/v/1Vu-QslPF/

This is from July 4, 2021. Our singers had been at youth camp the week before. This was the best service we have had. Peace and goodwill.

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

We had a great service today. I am very glad I finally got the cymbals right. They are from left to right:

13" Paiste Alpha Medium Hats
    20" HHX Evolution Ride
    18" Zildjian K China
    16" AAX Concept Crash
    17" AAX Concept Crash
    18" AAX Studio Crash

I even sang one song, "Come and Fill This Place", and did not mess it up. Peace and goodwill.

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumolator View Post
    We had a great service today. I am very glad I finally got the cymbals right. They are from left to right:

13" Paiste Alpha Medium Hats
    20" HHX Evolution Ride
    18" Zildjian K China
    16" AAX Concept Crash
    17" AAX Concept Crash
    18" AAX Studio Crash

I even sang one song, "Come and Fill This Place", and did not mess it up. Peace and goodwill.
    Well, the cymbals are better now. I replaced the 18" AAX Studio Crash with the 18" SR2 Thin Crash. The SR2 crash sounds better with the AAX Concept Crashes than the Studio Crash does. Peace and goodwill.

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

On the last three Monday mornings, I went to our church and practiced by myself. I had not done that in years. I even took my preferred drum books (Stick Control, Syncopation for the Modern Drummer, and The Rock Drumming Workbook). The first time is was a bit rough, but yesterday it went better. In July or August, I am planning to have a church drummer day so that we can help each other to be better drummers. Peace and goodwill.

Church Drummer's Army