Thread: Clips that work w/Nady DMK-5 mics

User Info Menu

Default Clips that work w/Nady DMK-5 mics

Just bought the Nady DMK 5-piece mic set but, in keeping with being cheap, I'm trying to find mic clips that would work on these mics that are under $15 a piece.
    Anyone have experience with Nady drum mics? Is there an industry standard size for the screw-on attachments/clips? Will On-Stage mounting clips work? Really a nube at this and needing some advice. Thanks.
    Drumming since 1965 and still going!
    Max Weinberg - "More than any other drummer, Ringo Starr changed my life.
    The impact and memory of that band on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 will never leave me."

"Sometimes you'd come up against a brick wall... or sometimes you go into a fill and you'd know halfway through it was going to be disastrous."
    John Bonham

www.willieandtheblueshounds.com

User Info Menu

Default Re: Clips that work w/Nady DMK-5 mics

I just have limited experience with rim mic clips. The clips I use came with my Audix drum mic kit but the threads at the base of most rim mics clips are universally adaptable with either the small threaded adaptor for rim clips or the adaptor can be removed to fit the standard mic stand threads. The adaptor is circled in red.

Audix D-Vice Drum Microphone Clip $27.95 ea.

pro- quick to mount, light weight
    con- pricey, slips out of position either on the hoop or swivels loose left to right on the flexiable shaft.
    Last edited by late8; 08-31-2011 at 05:56 PM.

User Info Menu

Good to know late8. They tell you everything about them....but that. Very much appreciated.
    The impact and memory of that band on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 will never leave me."

"Sometimes you'd come up against a brick wall... or sometimes you go into a fill and you'd know halfway through it was going to be disastrous."
    John Bonham

User Info Menu

Hey Cliff (hanger),

Let me tell you about a time (actually only about 4 weeks ago..) when I was researching mic equipment..

Anyways long story short I found On StageŽ DM50 Rim Mounts for only $13.77 (including shipping and all that stuff) from Best Buy. They look sturdy, and when it comes time to my my mics and interfaces, I'm getting one of those!
    Oh, and I have not checked ebay but I would HIGHLY recommend it. Let me know if you find anything cheaper, I'm interested too!
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

You're welcome cliff!

User Info Menu

DrumRookie - Bought pack of 3 new On-Stage DM01 clips on Ebay for $21.11 (which includes shipping). They look like they'll work but....I think I bought before giving these closer scrutiny. May be a problem on tom and snare hoops without some type of modifications. I'll let you know.
    Last edited by Cliff5550; 09-01-2011 at 06:52 PM.

John Bonham

User Info Menu

slips out of position either on the hoop or swivels loose left to right on the flexiable shaft.
    Seems like they would make a thin threaded collar that you could use to lock the mic holder and keep it from swiveling. The collar would be installed on the flexible shaft threads and when you screw your mic holder down as far as you want you just turn the collar until it creates friction and locks the holder.
    Thought I've seen this in the past before.

User Info Menu

The weight of the hanging mic cable has a tendency to add some tension on the mic clip stock and causes the flexiable shaft to loosen up enough to make the mic swivel.

Ideal mic placement is limited with rim clip in my situation due to Optimount System (Yellow circle) is at 12:00 position preventing the clips to be mounted where I normally like to place them. Instead they are off to the 11:00 and 1:00 position (Green box).

Last edited by late8; 09-03-2011 at 01:15 AM.