Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ginger Baker

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ginger Baker

I found some old photos of a Ginger Baker clinic at which I was provided "press access".............1987 if I remember correctly.

I got an interview during the lunch hour and backstage access that night during the clinic.

I am in the process of getting these photos converted to a digital format and will post them ASAP.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I was listening to some Cream the other day. I love Ginger Baker's drumming.

User Info Menu

Ginger Baker did some interesting things, and things that were not so interesting. Just like all musicians.

I'm not loaded with sympathy for people that get involved in booze and drugs, as I always wonder how much better they might have been had they left that stuff alone.

User Info Menu

He always kept thing's interesting on and off stage.

User Info Menu

News about the grouchiest semi-admired rock drummer: heart surgery!
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...ergoes-8348095
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Heart surgery not surprised at all. He definitely had high blood pressure and heavy chain smoker. Watch and interview with him and Chad Smith and it was like one cigarette after another and ignorant replies to questions. Grumpy old beat up drummer.

User Info Menu

Came across this movie about Baker... dude is a basket case..

RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

No doubt

User Info Menu

It's all this image that he has cultivated over all the years. If he grew up in my neighborhood (we are in the same age bracket) with that attitude, he would have had his a$$ kicked so many times that he would have kept his mouth shut for the next 50 years.

I know this, if he had hit me with that cane, I would have shoved it so far up his a$$ they would have had to give him a colostomy bag.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Baker was one the best drummers of his time. He was very talented by he was also a flipping lunatic.

User Info Menu

isolated white room

User Info Menu

#RIPGingerBaker
    I guess you've heard by now, Ginger Baker passed away today. It's all over the news and numerous artists are chiming in.

FAMILY: We are very sad to say that Ginger has passed away peacefully in hospital this morning. Thank you to everyone for your kind words over the past weeks.

PAUL MCCARTNEY: Ginger Baker, great drummer, wild and lovely guy. We worked together on the 'Band on the Run' album in his ARC Studio, Lagos, Nigeria. Sad to hear that he died but the memories never will. X Paul

MICK JAGGER: Sad news hearing that Ginger Baker has died, I remember playing with him very early on in Alexis Korner’s Blues Incorporated. He was a fiery but extremely talented and innovative drummer.

User Info Menu

he was a very strange man but a big influence to the drum world

User Info Menu

Ginger Baker is my favorite rock drummer. He has been very influential to my playing along with others. Of course, when I speak of his influence, it's his live playing with Cream i am refering to. You can think of Cream as really two different bands, the studio band and the live band. They were as different as night is to day. Without going into everything that can be said about Ginger's playing and Cream ( his name is his nickname from the color of his hair), I believe it best to let his playing (and the band's) speak for itself.

This song (Spoonful) from "Wheels of Fire" lets his and Cream's live playing speak for itself.