Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
PMM,

I didn't think that it would offend a bunch of people with my 1 opinion. Not everybody is a fan of everybody.

I said that I never underestimated his influence on countless drummers. I also don't think my opinion is going to stop people from enjoying his playing.

I said what happened to these people is sad, but it isn't like I gave away a secret of what happened to them.

My playing is sloppy now in my old age, but, I was never called sloppy on stage because I was drunk or high.

I'm not going to apologize for stateing facts.
rick,
you and i have touched on this topic before and we both agreed different strokes for different folks when it comes to favorites. but even i agree with you here. the absoulute waste of talent to drugs and alchohol is saddening to the point of madness. too many performers that we all admire have squandered thier talent to these dark places. and never mind the countless people we don't know who have passed. the loss to us is sad, to family and friends it's devastating.
i don't think you should appologize for saying he was sloppy due to what he was doing to himself. even i admitted in our previuos posts that near the end he got bad. there's plenty of video to show it. but in the early days i believe he was really a player to admire. and i do admire him. he is my favorite drummer. and more importanly in his death i learned a very valuable lesson, don't tread the same path.
if you let them the even the dead can teach lessons spoken and not.