Thread: Vinnie Paul

User Info Menu

Default Vinnie Paul

Vinnie Paul

Drummer: Vinnie Paul
    Main Style: Heavy Metal
    Main Band: Pantera (He is no longer in this band, as they have broken up, but he is mostly known as being the drummer for them.
    Brief summary: Vincent Paul Abbot has been the drummer for Pantera, Hellyeah, and Damageplan, mostly known for Pantera.

Other facts: Pantera's and Damageplan's lead guitar player was Vinnie's brother, Dimebag Darrel, who was unfortunately murdered on stage.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Vinnie Paul

He is amazing. I love how he can take a song, and just completely change how it sounds, and the guitar riff didn't even change!

User Info Menu

Vinnie Paul is my favorite drummer. On the surface his stuff doesn't seem that tough. Take a second listen and you can hear the subtleties in his playing.

User Info Menu

Very tasteful metal drummer! I would say he's a groove metal drummer!
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

I'll never forget seeing the Cowboys From Hell tour. And like Alice In Chains, I never heard a single song from them before the show.
    Instantly hooked!! Vinnie Rocks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stuperprohero View Post
    I'll never forget seeing the Cowboys From Hell tour. And like Alice In Chains, I never heard a single song from them before the show.
    Instantly hooked!! Vinnie Rocks.
    I saw them on their last tour...Reinventing the Steel. It was easily the best show I've ever seen. So incredible.

User Info Menu

This guy probably has a better sense of groove than 99% of metal drummers. I mainly think of his work with Pantera. I can't stand his current band, but that's just my opinion. Reinventing the Steel was very good, but my favorite of his records is still Far Beyond Driven.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    This guy probably has a better sense of groove than 99% of metal drummers. I mainly think of his work with Pantera. I can't stand his current band, but that's just my opinion. Reinventing the Steel was very good, but my favorite of his records is still Far Beyond Driven.
    I agree 100% Weezy. The first track on Far Beyond Driven (Strength Beyond Strength) is such a cracker! His playing is so tough and hard, but with such precision.
    He's a metal drumming master in my book. Rock on!!
    Tama Rockstar & Paiste User and Abuser......

User Info Menu

Can't disagree with that at all. Though, I'm a big fan of The Great Southern Trendkill. Such a heavy album.

User Info Menu

The Great Southern Trendkill is great too. I think that disc and Reinventing the Steel often get overlooked, just because they're not Cowboys from Hell or Far Beyond Driven or Vulgar Display of Power. It seems like alot of people just forgot about Pantera after Far Beyond Driven, which is a shame.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

The Great Southern Trendkill is great too. I think that disc and Reinventing the Steel often get overlooked, just because they're not Cowboys from Hell or Far Beyond Driven or Vulgar Display of Power. It seems like alot of people just forgot about Pantera after Far Beyond Driven, which is a shame.
    Both are awesome. I think all their stuff is great...each disc was a little different.

I bought the 20th anniversary edition of CFH when that came out. The 3 disc deal. I love the demo versions and the live stuff.

User Info Menu

One of my favs to air drum too!
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

I like what he did with Pantera but why he got involved with the band Hellyeah i really don`t know. Listening to them is like winning a holiday then discovering its a fortnight in Helmand province..Not good.

User Info Menu

Vinnie is one of my top 3 fav metal drummers, what I like is its different from all the rest, I really like the double bass in Becoming. And his snare sound in CFH outstanding! I wish he stayed with Pearl but hey I guess when you own part of a company you would play and endorse them too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zarrdoss View Post
    the double bass in Becoming.
    Aah, that foot pattern! r l rlr l r lrl r l rlr l. Awesome stuff.

User Info Menu

I think he is an underrated drummer and does not get enough recognition these days. He is one of my main influences.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zarrdoss View Post
    I think he is an underrated drummer and does not get enough recognition these days. He is one of my main influences.
    I agree. He's much better than ppl realize. Though, I don't care for Hellyeah but what I've heard of his drumming in Hellyeah isn't as impressive as his Pantera work.

User Info Menu

Vinnie is without a doubt one of the best drummers out there. Rock solid and so precise.

User Info Menu

I see the VP snares around but wonder if anyone ever bought the dragon kit from ddrum when he was with them. Outrageous square sizes. You'd need a truck and trailer to haul that around.

RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

R.I.P. Vinnie............