Thread: Ludwig drums

User Info Menu

Default Ludwig drums

Any body have any opinions or first hand knowledge of the Centennial line of ludwigs, any info at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ludwig drums

I dont have any first hand knowledge of Centennials.The Ludwig website says they are North American Maple and have come out with 3 new configurations.Colors show Red,Silver and Blue sparkle,Black and Natural wood,(light tan).These are at least intermediate to professional grade kits,I dont know which.

They havent been around since 1909 for nothin.Having had my kit since 1980,(I dont know what they call them,at least intermediate grade),I can say from experience that they have held up very well and have the sound I am after.There are other brands out there that are just as good,but you cant go wrong with Ludwigs in my book.

The web site also give sizes for the basic and special configurations.I didnt happen to see any prices,but Im sure if you go there and surf around,you`ll find some.Good luck.I hope you find what you are after.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

I read that they 100th anniversary edition and are 100% North American maple. The prices are affordable I guess 5 pce shell pack starting at 1100. They are Ludwigs so they got to be good for that price range.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pearl mcx man View Post
    i read that they 100th anniversary edition and are 100% north american maple. The prices are affordable i guess 5 pce shell pack starting at 1100. They are ludwigs so they got to be good for that price range.
    +1