Thread: Ping

User Info Menu

Default Ping

I've had the same cymbals for a long time now and been looking into getting a new ride. One thing I really like a ride to have is a nice ping to it. So I was wondering what type of ride would most likely give me that nice ping. For example is it more thin, or flat, or medium rides that tend to do this. I really don't know a lot about cymbals since I've always pretty much kept to the same ones for awhile now so any help would be great.

User Info Menu

The most common terms to what I beliver you are desribing as "ping," is "sticking." Of which the opposite is "wash."

Your looking for a ride with more sticking than wash. you will more likely find this in a thinner to medium ride as they tend to resonate for a shorter time then the heavier rides.

User Info Menu

why not buy a zildjian A custom Ping Ride??

User Info Menu

^^ exactly what i just thought, zildjian makes teh A and A custom ping rides, im sure those have ping in em

User Info Menu

Pong

User Info Menu

Try a paiste Dark Metal Ride
    excellent pingage!
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

i played a zildjian K 24 inch Light Ride today..and man was that thing amazing

User Info Menu

I wasn't asking for a certain brand or model of a cymbal but what characteristics give or bring out the ping or sticking sound the most. Thanks for the replies though.

User Info Menu

tip shape..

User Info Menu

Also the rock rides work well. But then you cannot crash them, because with the ping also comes thickness i think... so if you attempt a crash it ends up sounding horrible.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ping

A custom ping ride