Thread: MiXiNG yUoR CymBAlS

User Info Menu

Default MiXiNG yUoR CymBAlS

I've seen sets that have like two Zildjians, a Sabian, a paiste hi-hat on top of a Sabian hi hat, and like three Wuhans.

Is this natural?
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

i think it is - especially with non-professionals - you tend to buy what you can afford that sound how you like - or you get me hand me downs or whatever - so i think it is. Don't know if i'de say "natural" though - maybe just "normal"
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Yea, theres a lot of professional drummers who havnt been sponsered by a company yet, that still use diffrent companys, until their aprroached

User Info Menu

Congratulations! You just won the prize for most annoying thread name ever!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnysimmo
    Congratulations! You just won the prize for most annoying thread name ever!
    and he spelled yUoR wrong.

User Info Menu

It depends on what sound they want too. Some people like me like to stick so one company for a look kinda thing. But if you likea difference companys sound you can mix and match... like PDP... He plays wuhans and zildjian. But he has it set in a way they all look the same brand.......

Ultimately people go for sound when there not sponcered... I would say anyways.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

As the others have said. If your not sponsored by a company by a cymbal that gives you the sound you want. Don't stick to a single brand if they can't give you the sound you want.
    Last edited by Roger; 07-06-2007 at 10:38 AM.