Thread: If you were me...

User Info Menu

Default If you were me...

OK..just wanted to see what you guys would do in my position.

I currently have 14 inch A custom hats..10 inch a custom splash....14 inch A custom fast crash..16 inch a custom crash, and a 20 inch a custom ride. Through my job (ice hockey referee) I have accumulated $460.00 which i can spend on anything. What would u buy if u were me (cymbal wise..or drums).
    Last edited by michiganice; 06-15-2007 at 08:37 PM.

User Info Menu

cymbals, i would get at least 1 splash and a china to round out your setup.
    other than that....what kind of snare are you using? if you shop well you may be able to upgrade your snare and score a cymbal.

User Info Menu

What do you have drum wise?

User Info Menu

wow..i cant believe i forgot..i have a 10 inch a custom splash as well..and my drums are a 6 piece ludwig classic maple kit..with a dw 9000 pedal..and dw 9000 hardware

User Info Menu

nice..

User Info Menu

Hmm, thats really all you need, as funky said, throw on a china and a splash and youve got a great kit there, maybe a 18 in A custom projection crash

If i were you i might look into moving your A custom ride to the left side of your kit and either picking up a Paragon or a Hand Hammered raw bell ride for your main, then work a little more and add on another crash, but thats only me

User Info Menu

How nice is your snare drum? Personally, I feel splashes and chinas are overrated. But that's me. I feel a more important piece to a kit is a high class snare.

User Info Menu

acchem..i have a ludwig 14x8 classic maple snare drum..its pro quality. But im thinking 18 inch crash..

User Info Menu

thats a nice snare drum, i know it sounds huge. i love that size.

User Info Menu

yea.. it rocks..but im trying to figure out a good head to put on it, the factory head is almost worn to the brink.

User Info Menu

i am a fan of letting the drum do its thing, so i usually like a single ply coated like an ambassador or g1.
    yes, even on an 8" deep snare. however if you want more focus and durability the emporor x is pretty nice and will take a heck of a beating.

User Info Menu

I always thought about putting a field snare drum on a kit because they sound cool..... That would be as big/bigger than that. :P i am gonna do it too :>

one day :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

stevo, to do that, youd have to get a stand thats only like 2 inches off the floor, or your snare would be at your chin

User Info Menu

Default drums

buy a nice pork pie little squelar

User Info Menu