Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nicko McBrain

User Info Menu

Default Re: Nicko McBrain

Think I've worked out how to post photos, so here are a few

Nicko in action
    Last edited by lionheart; 12-28-2011 at 05:07 AM.
    Cheers

Lionheart

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Cool pics!
    Cheers!
    So close to the man himself and then meeting him ... was so cool
    Cheers

Lionheart

User Info Menu

I got into Nicko over 25 years ago and took up drumming because of him. Kids and family meant giving up the drums but I always followed Maiden.

Went to Nicko's drum show in London and was right next to the stage and it reignited me to take it up again after 20 years. Kids have flown the nest and now I have a bit more time and money I'm looking to get a new kit. Being that close to the stage I was amazed when I could see his foot chopping out sixteenths at the end of 2 Minutes 2 Midnight.

He previewed a new top end snare that as a carpenter/cabinet maker had me agog. I don't know if it's been done before but the snare he demo'd had been taken direct from the centre of the log, ie. it wasn't ply, it was solid timber. Imagine the expense and the amount of wastage creating shells like this must cost. Also I can't help wondering just how well a piece of timber in the round will cope with the riggers of touring bearing in mind the changes in temperature and humidity from aircraft hold to humid India to freezing Europe and so on. Nicko said they would be making an entire kit this way in the near future, imagine the price label!!!

User Info Menu

nicko;s show was amazing, great drummer and a man with a lot of time for the fans. one of my fave drummers definately

i want that kit he played (-:

User Info Menu

I first heard Nicko's drumming on Pat Travers "Putting it Straight" Album in 1977. He's one of the best single kick players in the business. Listening to him improved my single kick work greatly.

User Info Menu

Glad you posted some Pat Travers. When I heard Nicko joined IM, I was a little surprised, remembering him with Pat. Great History showing our younger brothers the history.
    Proud Yamaha Player

The line between the real world and the machine world is becoming more and more blurred every day.But its not that humans are turning into automations or becoming slaves to the machines.No, we're simply growing toward each other!

User Info Menu

A man that can do more with one kick drum than most can do with two. I have seen some clips of his side project McBrain Damage on youtube. You dont have to look hard at all to realize he really loves what hes doing.

User Info Menu

does he own a resturant somewhere? a rib place? there's lots of video of him sitting in with bands at this diner. If he's there he will go up and play your kit with your band.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

was at his show in scotland, they say never meet a hero as u might be dissapointed. Def not true as far as Nicko is concerned, great drummer who spent till past midnight talking to fans. brilliant night, pic taken with him and stuff signed. made better by the afore mentioned kit, I WANT ONE

User Info Menu

Wow! I love those kits! Long time fan of McBrain, ever since the first Maiden song I heard I loved em.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

IM, one of my favorite bands and definately one of my favorite drummers. Here's my favorite concert pic:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    IM, one of my favorite bands and definately one of my favorite drummers. Here's my favorite concert pic:

Wow, just WOW. A sea of people.

User Info Menu

Maybe he set up like that because he had stage fright, then it grew on him?

I've always loved Maiden's style of metal, one of the first metal bands I got into. Very fun stuff to play to.

User Info Menu

RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    That entire kit is a masterpiece. Big up to Sonor and Paiste.

I play:

Drums & Hardware: DW.

Cymbals: Paiste.

Heads: Evans.

Sticks: Vic Firth and Pro Mark 5A, 7A.

User Info Menu

Nicko's new kit! Fabulous!

RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN