Thread: rack tom to floor tom

User Info Menu

Default rack tom to floor tom

is there a way i can get a normal rack tom converted to a floor tom without having to buy a new one?

User Info Menu

You could probably find legs and and mounts and screw them on, but, if i were you i would just buy a stand thats designed to hold the 14-16-18 inch toms, sometimes they even come with a free cymbal stand on top!

*does little presentation open mouthed hurrah look with arms showing off the cymbal piece*

User Info Menu

I put a 14" tom on legs. They make a RIMs system type mount for this that you can buy that comes with the legs. Anything smaller than a 14" is going to look a little funny on legs because of the drum's size.

User Info Menu

ya im putting a 16 on legs, i dont wanna get the 14-16-18 rack tom because i want to put my ride in the space where the 16 originally was, and where could i get that thing your talking about to put legs on it

User Info Menu

the rack tom was a 16" over the kick? bonham is looking down from heaven goin...thats a big freakin rack tom.

User Info Menu

nevermind it was 12-13-16 setup, i was way off i want to move the 13 to the ground and i need to know if you can do that

User Info Menu

would be easier to do with a suspention mount clamped to a cymbal stand. that size of drum to me would look silly with legs. plus it might be hard to find legs long enuff for it.

User Info Menu

nahh it doesnt look silly it looks like a normal pop/funk rock/rock setup

User Info Menu

where can i get a suspension mount

User Info Menu

why cant you rack it in a differetn poisition. I tohught racks were more plyable than this :S
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

if it looks goffy with a huge rack tom, just think of it as being unique, your own style of drumming

User Info Menu

Ya, Id get a Cymbal/Tom stand, like a TC-1000 from pearl. Then put the drum wherever you want it! its what makes you play better in the end. It is your kit. so set it up however you want man!
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

one day I tried experimenting with my kit, and i thought, that be so cool to have a hi hat on the right side of your kit with a pedal extention so you could still use that pedal with your left foot, genius idea?

User Info Menu

actually today i took off the whole tom rack arm thing or whatever and where you hold the tom on(short end) i put it in where the long part usually goes, so now it extends all the way out to where i want it and it looks pretty cool too, but thanks for everything everybody