Thread: Soft beaters for e drums?

User Info Menu

Default Soft beaters for e drums?

Hey, I got a double pedal for my e kit, but the beaters that came with it are pretty hard and make a loud noise on the bass drum.

I was wondering, do you guys know of any places I can get replacement soft beaters, like maybe thicker felt or something

User Info Menu

Default Re: Soft beaters for e drums?

I got on my bass drum's pad a couple of towels and now it's the softest pad I have on my E-kit

User Info Menu

In the Drum Bum newsletter they just put out yesterday, one of the tips was that you could wrap rubber bands around your existing beater. I had never heard that one. Pretty clever!
    - Tom

See the new Drum Bum Store!

When you shop at Drum Bum or BuyGifts.com, you help with the costs of operating DrumChat.com. Please consider patronizing their fine stores. Whether you need unique music gifts for friends or just want a little something for yourself, Drum Bum is the place!

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

If it's a rubber type pad, felt will chew up the pad pretty quickly. I always use the plastic side of the beaters on mine.

User Info Menu

Yeah, also use the hard plastic side of a dual or multi-headed beater when using any mesh pad such as a Roland, etc. Believe it or not, that mesh will start shaving your rounded felt beater flat if you're not careful. And leave all those powdery white shavings around the base plate of the pad.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

As stated if you are using mesh heads, dont use a felt beater. Regardless of the material, the pad is going to make noise. I use felt beaters on mine and they are still pretty darn loud considering.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    In the Drum Bum newsletter they just put out yesterday, one of the tips was that you could wrap rubber bands around your existing beater. I had never heard that one. Pretty clever!
    You could probably do the same with the sticks too. Wouldn't the rebound be ridiculous though? Worth a try
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Guitar center and Willis music both sell stand alone soft beater pretty expensive though. I don't want to exaggerate but I believe there 20 apiece.